2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Nelson is a bit of a reverse splits guy so far this season. RHB OPS .911 and LHB .783. He doesn't strike people out which will mean he'll have 8K's through 4 innings or something dumb. All of his 3 HR's are off of LHB. This lineup could make some noise.

52 minutes ago, accinfo said:

This is probably Kjerstad’s last game before he is sent down for Austin Hayes tomorrow.  Maybe if he has some success he can save his roster spot.

I think McKenna has the advantage because whomever is the fifth outfielder is unlikely to get much playing time. Unless the Orioles have some plan for Kjerstad to get regular playing time with Mullins, Santander, Hays and Cowser in front of him then let McKenna sit on the bench. 

If Kjerstad is going to be on the Orioles I want to see him playing 3 to 4 times a week in some capacity. 

1 hour ago, accinfo said:

This is probably Kjerstad’s last game before he is sent down for Austin Hayes tomorrow.  Maybe if he has some success he can save his roster spot.

I hope you’re wrong because McKenna and Hays are quite redundant. Replacing the lesser player with the returning one just makes too much sense. 

29 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Will there be a reactionary thread if he doesn't make a play he should?

I don't know if I'd call it reactionary. He looked pretty awful defensively in RF and LF is a whole different animal.

34 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Not really excited about O'Hearn in the big LF. Maybe the O's think Kremer can lock down those righty power guys. 

“Well Heston didn’t get twisted into a pretzel out there yesterday, so let’s try O’Hearn today”- Hyde probably 

6 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Another day off for Mullins. 

That’s the biggest take from this lineup.  He looks completely deflated at bat.  Santander too from the left side.  It was amazing that he hit that homer.  Both look like they’re feeling for the ball (what was up with those half swings from Santander) with zero confidence.

26 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Another day off for Mullins. 

Is Mullins dealing with an injury?  Even if he gives you nothing with the bat, he's probably a positive with the glove.  Some people say O'Hearn should never play any OF.  But O'Hearn should never, never play LF at Camden Yards.  Did Buck make out this lineup?  I hope this doesn't go abysmally wrong.