2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

9 minutes ago, DEOriolesfan said:

Too much McCann. I get day game after night game but at some point we gotta get Rutschman’s bat going. 

Next 7 Pitches as probable all RH, this might be the easy of bunch could see him next tuesday as well. McCann goung to catch a couple a games a week might as well be today.

MLB.com still has Kjerstad on the roster but he still can't crack the lineup vs RHP. Mountcastle has been hot lately. Seems like Kjerstad has to be the move for Eloy and it will be Mountcastle vs Eloy most days vs RHP's. I do like Mountcastle's defense at 1B, especially with Gunnar having an erratic spell with his throws. If Mullins/Cowser can provide enough offense, optioning Kjerstad gives us the best outfield and infield defense.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

MLB.com still has Kjerstad on the roster but he still can't crack the lineup vs RHP. Mountcastle has been hot lately. Seems like Kjerstad has to be the move for Eloy and it will be Mountcastle vs Eloy most days vs RHP's. I do like Mountcastle's defense at 1B, especially with Gunnar having an erratic spell with his throws. If Mullins/Cowser can provide enough offense, optioning Kjerstad gives us the best outfield and infield defense.

I think it’s more of a O’Hearn/Jimenez platoon at DH. Jimenez hopefully helps us against left handed pitching  

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

I think vs LHP, we could see something like this:

Adley - C
Tony - RF
Hendo - SS
Mounty - 1B
Jimenez - DH
Cowser - LF
Westburg - 3B
Slater - CF
Holliday - 2B

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think vs LHP, we could see something like this:

Adley - C
Tony - RF
Hendo - SS
Mounty - 1B
Jimenez - DH
Cowser - LF
Westburg - 3B
Slater - CF
Holliday - 2B

Hard to imagine Slater starting big games for us. Do we even know yet for sure that it will be Slater rather than Pache? Either might be a better option than Cedric's current .376 OPS vs LHP. I still find it hard to believe that we would want either one starting a playoff game. 

Is it possible Eloy will be playing some LF on the road? 

I think Holliday will get the platoon treatment initially with Ramon playing vs LHP. 

Love the balance of this (and most of our) lineup.  Back to back lefties just once in the order, and that is just when the lineup turns over from Holliday to Cowser.  Really hard to matchup late based on handedness.

10 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

That's really the only "good" lineup with the players on the 26 man right now. Imagine if we had Kjerstad and Mayo in there. 

Who would you take out of that lineup for Kjersted?  You can argue for Mayo for Urias.