2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

I agree Cowser should be starting. 

But I also remember a lot of whining about lineups last year and then the team not getting swept all season on the way to winning 101 games and scoring a bunch of runs in the process. 

I also find it a bit hilarious that some people were so quick to want to trade Cowser and keep Kjerstad, then Cowser has a scorching hot spring training and Kjerstad had a dud. Now people are clamoring for Cowser in the second game, pissed off that he’s not starting and seemingly don’t care about Kjerstad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

These guys will probably play tomorrow in Hyde's "Sunday" lineup

I know that I, for one, look forward to some new and novel complaints about the idiocy of the management/lineups of this 101-win team that’s now scored 20 runs through the first 13 innings.

EDIT: 23 runs* through the first 13 innings.

Edited by e16bball
  • Upvote 1

I don’t think anyone had concerns about the lineup not scoring runs. The concern is Cowser rotting on the bench when he should be playing. Hopefully he gets into the game now that it’s a blowout. 

10 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I know that I, for one, look forward to some new and novel complaints about the idiocy of the management/lineups of this 101-win team that’s now scored 20 runs through the first 13 innings.

EDIT: 23 runs* through the first 13 innings.

I am not complaining about the current lineup but am just concerned about getting our young guys adapted to MLB pitching for the future 

Does Adley play today?  Does the early start time, early in the season, and early hook from the game, allow him to catch today?  I’m guessing he DH’s. 

Guessing this,

1. Gunnar SS L

2. Adley DH S

3. Santa RF S

4. Mountcastle 1B R

5. Hays LF R

6. Westburg 3B R

7. Mullins CF L

8. McCann C R

9. Mateo 2B R

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Angels have Hicks and Sano on the bench, starting Rengifo and Moniak against Wells.    Schanuel up to 2nd.

1. Anthony Rendon (R) DH
  2. Nolan Schanuel (L) 1B
  3. Mike Trout (R) CF
  4. Taylor Ward (R) LF
  5. Brandon Drury (R) 2B
  6. Luis Rengifo (S) 3B
  7. Logan O'Hoppe (R) C
  8. Mickey Moniak (L) RF
  9. Zach Neto (R) SS

Trout has 2 homers in 5 AB against Wells.  Nothing but high fastballs at the top of the zone to that kid!

16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Does Adley play today?  Does the early start time, early in the season, and early hook from the game, allow him to catch today?  I’m guessing he DH’s. 

Guessing this,

1. Gunnar SS L

2. Adley DH S

3. Santa RF S

4. Mountcastle 1B R

5. Hays LF R

6. Westburg 3B R

7. Mullins CF L

8. McCann C R

9. Mateo 2B R

Good guess. I could see O'Hearn getting the start at 1B but Mounty has looked too good.