Gunnar Henderson 2024

Just now, Hallas said:

It's surreal watching Gunnar keep up offensively with Judge, who's having a career season of his own.  While playing SS.

It gives Gunnar the edge in the MVP race over Judge playing the more physically demanding defensive position on the field. I don’t care that much about it. 

I just want to see Yankees fans whine when their home run hitting Neanderthal doesn’t win the award. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Papa John’s might be rethinking their Gunnar promotion for 50% off the menu price the day following a Gunnar bomb. 

In all seriousness...

Wednesday night is pizza night at our house.  We mix up where we get it from but usually go to Papa John's after Gunnar homers because it's so cheap.  Both the Hampstead and Finksburg locations said they were no longer honoring the deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

🤣🤣

I don't know if the Papa John's near me is part of this program but I kinda want to find out now.  Probably not, these things are usually Maryland only.

I'm going to try it tomorrow. Usually if you order online they have to honor the discount code as opposed to calling or ordering in person. I do wonder does the franchisee have the discretion to not honor the promo if their location is in the zone for it.

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

Judge just got his 30th. On pace for 62 again. If he pulls that off he's winning the MVP.

He just doesn't show down.   I keep thinking that his 6'7", 270 pound frame will tire or lose a fraction in bat speed,  but he just keeps going.   It's amazing really.   He can stand far enough off the plate that he doesn't have to swing at pitches on his hands,  and yet he can still cover the outside corner with his long limbs.   

I'm thinking Judge will hit at least 60 this year,  and Henderson may get 50.  It will be fun to watch this play out.   Judge may get 150 RBI, or more.