Coby Mayo 2024

Tony-OH

I agree that the Orioles seem to not do their rookies exactly great.  In a perfect world I think all well thought of prospects should get what I call the "Markakis chance"  which is just sticking with the kid through thick and thin for at least two months till they have a chance to settle in and get comfortable.  This length of time actually fits Markakis and Ripken and Henderson's rookie season last year.   

But maybe Elias is having a tough time getting the kids constant playing time while also attempting to win every game possible.  

4 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Look, I annoy just about everyone, maybe even me in my push for this kid. Rivera has played very well at 3b and Eloy hit well as a DH. And im glad Coby is going to start on Wednesday, but I have to say this, even at the risk of annoying you once again.

With two 9 run leads in two games why couldn't Hyde at least thrown the kid an at bat here or there when the game was out of reach. To sit for 2 games after hitting a sharp single in his last appearance, I think was  needless.

The kid needs plate appearances . He could DH too. Let him hit . It's the only way be'll get better. You dont have to agree, but thats how I feel.

I haven’t been shy about being annoyed by your constant lobbying for Mayo, but I agree with you here.  I won’t be surprised if Mayo starts tonight’s game.