Grayson Rodriguez 2024

Spy Fox

3 hours ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

I’m expecting Grayson is going to be out for the year with Webb, but maybe we’ll be lucky. 

That's what I'm expecting too. I don't ever remember any good injury news being given at an Elias press conference.

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

In a weird way, it could be advantageous in the playoffs to have a few guys who missed some of August and September and are fresh.  Assuming we get to the playoffs.  

If the rehab and or rest somehow gets them ready to pitch better, this could be a plus. It would be silly to call it a blessing, but if Grayson and Webb come back strong, we are a better team for the playoffs...same with Westburg.

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

If the rehab and or rest somehow gets them ready to pitch better, this could be a plus. It would be silly to call it a blessing, but if Grayson and Webb come back strong, we are a better team for the playoffs...same with Westburg.

Exactly and add in Danny C … maybe they’ll be fresh and hungry.   Or… hungry and fresh.   I don’t know animals.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

In a weird way, it could be advantageous in the playoffs to have a few guys who missed some of August and September and are fresh.  Assuming we get to the playoffs.  

I'd be so tempted to go to "load management" mode for Burnes and Eflin. I still wonder what might have been had we used Bradish as an opener April thru July. 

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Don't forget Danny Columbe (Sp) too. My concern is so many trying to come back in the month of Sept just a short time to rev it up for October  and that's if the Orioles get there . Also you are hoping there is no set backs in that time frame. 

• 1 month later...

Its hard to imagine him making it back at this point.  They can't have his first innings since early August be high leverage playoff innings, and running out of time for there to be any other kind at this point.  There's just no way to ramp him up, and there hasn't been an update recently, which furthers the thought that he's just going to run out of time.