2024 Bowie Baysox

DirtyBird

1 hour ago, Warehouse said:

Odd men out seem to be Dan Hammer, Jensen Elliot, Nick Richmond, and Maxwell Costes.  We will see if they were released, assigned to development list or put on IL.

I enjoyed watching Hammer pitch. Small, high effort guy.  Great RP name too!

Max Costes is a local guy who seems like a great clubhouse guy.  I hope they are both still around.

Quite a few interesting pitchers on the Bowie staff.   I need to get to a Seth Johnson game sometime in the next month or two.  I’d like to get eyes on Alex Pham, too.   I liked what I saw when he pitched in one of the televised games.  

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Quite a few interesting pitchers on the Bowie staff.   I need to get to a Seth Johnson game sometime in the next month or two.  I’d like to get eyes on Alex Pham, too.   I liked what I saw when he pitched in one of the televised games.  

I was thinking the same thing. If not for Basallo and Beavers, this would be the only minor league affiliate right now where the pitchers are overall more interesting than the hitters. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what Johnson, Bright, Pham and Gillies do this year.

45 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

I was thinking the same thing. If not for Basallo and Beavers, this would be the only minor league affiliate right now where the pitchers are overall more interesting than the hitters. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what Johnson, Bright, Pham and Gillies do this year.

I think you could easily say the same for Aberdeen too. Very interesting pitchers there in Baumeister, Baumler, Sharkey and De Los Santos. Yaqui Rivera is young and has a good arm too. He was with the big club for several ST games, seeing action in only one though I think. 

Nothing like turning on he Baysox game and seeing a shaky behind home plate view on a camera that looks like it's got the resolution of a 1979 Magnovox TV. Oh, and add in that you can barely hear the announcers.

Why can't the Orioles have affiliate who actually care about providing a good MiLBTV experience? The Bowie Baysox must have the worse Double-A viewing experience in baseball. 

It's totally and utterly embarrassing and I hope the new owners either demand more of their affiliates or move to a better place. So sick and tired of year after year seeing Elementary School level broadcasts from the Orioles Double-A affiliate.

30 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Nothing like turning on he Baysox game and seeing a shaky behind home plate view on a camera that looks like it's got the resolution of a 1979 Magnovox TV. Oh, and add in that you can barely hear the announcers.

Why can't the Orioles have affiliate who actually care about providing a good MiLBTV experience? The Bowie Baysox must have the worse Double-A viewing experience in baseball. 

It's totally and utterly embarrassing and I hope the new owners either demand more of their affiliates or move to a better place. So sick and tired of year after year seeing Elementary School level broadcasts from the Orioles Double-A affiliate.

I just noticed this too. Quickly turned that one off, I mean at least focus the camera for goodness sake.