Heston Kjerstad 2024

Sports Guy

7 hours ago, Aglets said:

Heston looked solid at Aberdeen yesterday.  Two solid hits and then a walk.  They removed him from the game again after 3 PA.   As the Ironbirds are now finished for the year I presume he will get bumped up to Bowie or Norfolk.

But did he stay in the clubhouse or go straight to the parking lot?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• What's the excuse for the hitting, are you serious? Cowser strikes out all the time, he's not a polished product. Holliday is an automatic out.   Mayo is an automatic out. If you're doing the math, that's about 9 outs a game right there between those three. O'Hearn is a platoon guy, he's playing more than he should. Tony's prone to hellacious slumps that are on the other end of the spectrum from his amazing hot streaks. Slater's decent against lefties, not much else. Adley's not great this year. Jimenez is a joke. So as it stands right now, you've got two guys in the everyday lineup that look like competent hitters in Gunnar and Mullins. And you ask what's the excuse for the hitting?  Half these guys aren't ready, the others aren't great players and/or can go on extended cold streaks like Tony. What, you thought a stern talking-to was going to make Cowser stop striking out?
    • To get to 88 wins this is what teams have to do September record so far () Orioles 4-7 (6-8) Royals 6-4 but we hold tiebreaker (7-9) Twins 8-3 but we will hold tiebreaker with 1 win vs them , or if they lose 1 game vs Guardians, or we win 1 vs Yanks.  (7-9) Tigers 9-1 if we are tied most likely they will hold tiebreaker.  (10-5)   Mariners are eliminated as we hold tiebreaker.   All 3 of those have to happen for us not to make it.  Tigers play Royals tonight so 1 of those teams will get a loss.   As bad as we have been we haven’t lost 1 game in September vs the Royals or Twins.    
    • I hope so. But it’s not a guarantee and other people can have a differing of opinion. I wish we weren’t here. But we are where we are. 
    • No one has to be a fall guy. That’s Carolina Panthers stuff…that’s how you get a poor org. They just need to be better and do more in the offseason.  
    • What’s the excuse for the hitting?  Hyde said after the Marlins series in Miami that this team has been talked to about giving ABs away with a lead.  So it’s obvious that Hyde can’t get through to them. I like Hyde. But you can’t change the players. So you gotta change the guy giving them the message. The message from the manager ain’t working.  Also, it’s never really the manager’s fault. Someone just has to be the fall guy. That’s how life works. 
    • I don’t think they want to make the playoffs at this point. They’d rather get to their vacation spots and golf trips.
  • Popular Contributors