Colton Cowser 2024

3 hours ago, George Zuverink said:

Hasn't that always been a concern about Cowser, even when he was going well?

It's definitely a concern and will ultimately keep his BA down.  Hopefully the OBP and power can make up for it. 

He could be a guy that strikes out in 30 percent of his plate appearances. 

4 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Let’s go get TWO of those comp picks.

Unfortunately there is no pick for second place, and only one PPI pick per team, so even if we have ROY and #3 MVP different players we would get only one pick I believe.

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Unfortunately there is no pick for second place, and only one PPI pick per team, so even if we have ROY and #3 MVP different players we would get only one pick I believe.

Ah come on, hook us up with an international pick at least! But yeah, the way the Milkman is going right now…I’m starting to wonder if Hyde leaves him in against lefties as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• No I’ve haven’t seen Westburg play 2nd base . I think Westburg plays better at 3rd base but just my opinion .  I’m with you that Mayo should be up now , but we just disagree on what position Mayo should play . Either way let’s hope we see him play soon 
    • Tonight we had a situation where Hays led off the second inning with a double, and Mateo then followed up by swinging at the first pitch and grounding out to 3rd base. It did not appear that Mateo was even trying to hit to the right side to advance the runner, and Hays wound up stranded at 2nd base. It was a little thing, a fundamental thing, on a night where we got shut out.  Obviously we don't know what gets said or unsaid in the dugout or clubhouse, but I was really hoping that when we took the field in the top of the 3rd Mateo would have been benched as a lesson to everybody else on the team. I know in the past other managers have done this in similar situations, and I wish Hyde had done it here. 
    • My understanding is that Norby made a conscious decision to sacrifice some contact for power this year. It has worked out for him. His ISO is up (.233 this year versus .193 last year) and his wRC+ is up (132 this year versus 109 last year). I’ll be down in Norfolk again soon, but he looked fine in the outfield when I saw him earlier this season. I honestly hope he isn’t there when I arrive because he is playing in the majors here or elsewhere (preferably here). Personally, I would like to see both Norby and Mayo on the team because I think they are both talented hitters and I think the defense for both is better than the reputations that they seem to have developed. I hope that they don’t trade Mayo because I think the bat is special. If they trade Norby, that’s fine, but I think he’d be a more than adequate Hays replacement next season.
    • Ever seen Westburg play second base? He's pretty damned good there and a big upgrade from Mateo. You seem to think the only way to get Mayo on the team is at 1B, that's just wrong.
    • Don’t we have a 3rd baseman named Westburg  ?  Haven’t heard any questions about his defense and his batting.281 . If it’s not broken , why fix it ?
    • I would rather he play 3B yes. Ever seen Gunnar Henderson try and throw a ball to first? You need someone there who can make great scoops and catches.
    • Would you rather he play 3rd base instead ?   Which position is more important defensively ?
  • Popular Contributors