James McCann 2024

6 minutes ago, theobird said:

I guess I am the only one who thinks our backup catcher is very good. We have a young superstar starter ( Adley), and a veteran back up that plays good defense.  Our catching situation is just fine

I feel that way too.

The video of Hyde and the team presenting him a cool poster of his achievement that was fined by the team was cool. It seems like the the team is good about recognizing achievements and such. 

• Upvote 2

I doubt the 2025 Orioles will be able to out-opportunity the other 29 clubs but I've generally liked what I think was the 1st instance of "buy-side trading".

He was meant to be an upper tier MLB starter at the time his present about to expire contract was struck but the big 4-year contract for a 30 year old coming off a career year didn't work out that great for the Mets.

Congrats to McCann for his ten year service . He is true team player and professional person . I will never forget that fastball to his face ( he will not excuse himself ) . My hat off to him . Orioles done well with Mets paying most of his salary . 

He was just on MLBN. In person on MLB Central. Great listen. I should have said something earlier. I think they usually link the interviews later on. Said he would like to be a manger one day. Cool dude. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

That’s an excellent interview.  Thanks for posting it.  Too bad they cut it off.  

I’m hoping to find the full one later. I think their YouTube channel may have it but not 100% sure. May be couple of days until it posts. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

It really was an awesome two segments. They cut off the most inspiring part of the interview, which I'm hoping gets posted either on X or youtube later on, and his "Hard Ball" segment was equally insightful. 

I think if you watch these, you totally get why they're so enamored with him. What a presence he brings to the table. 

2 minutes ago, justD said:

It really was an awesome two segments. They cut off the most inspiring part of the interview, which I'm hoping gets posted either on X or youtube later on, and his "Hard Ball" segment was equally insightful. 

I think if you watch these, you totally get why they're so enamored with him. What a presence he brings to the table. 

Found the full 17 minutes! 

• Upvote 1