Brandon Hyde 2024

8 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

I don’t think he’s pushing them too hard but they are clearly pressing or in their heads right now. There are a lot of things he doesn’t have control over (RISP hitting, SP/BP issues, etc.) and you’re right that it’s a young team and hopefully just a learning curve, but things seem to be snowballing. It’s not easy and probably not fair, but he controls the clubhouse and needs to calm things down for his team. 

This guy kept players centered through 110 loss seasons, I don't think it's a personality issue or an inability to make guys comfortable. He's not throwing anyone under the bus, they are playing like trash right now and he can't put a glove on or go hit for them, they need to do better and maybe he should bring Anthony Robbins in for a pep talk to turn the team around, but I doubt that works. They are grown men who need to figure their stuff out.

On 7/26/2024 at 9:38 AM, Frobby said:

So to recap:

1. Henderson

9. Rutschman

29. Westburg

37. Holliday 

47. Rodriguez

HM - Basallo, Burnes, Cowser, Kjerstad, Mayo

All in one org.

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Hard to blame Hyde when Elias won’t provide him the players he needs. 

9 minutes ago, Malike said:

This guy kept players centered through 110 loss seasons, I don't think it's a personality issue or an inability to make guys comfortable. He's not throwing anyone under the bus, they are playing like trash right now and he can't put a glove on or go hit for them, they need to do better and maybe he should bring Anthony Robbins in for a pep talk to turn the team around, but I doubt that works. They are grown men who need to figure their stuff out.

I don’t really think he is doing anything wrong but if he can’t get his team out of their own heads, that usually falls on the manager/coach, whether it’s fair or not. I’m not saying he needs to be fired, just that he probably needs to do something to help his guys snap out of it right now. 

47 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

What about in the  last month

It’s a 162 game season.  

In the last 2 years they have the best record in MLB. 

I don’t put a ton of stock in one month.  I expect them to return to the mean. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

I don’t think he’s pushing them too hard but they are clearly pressing or in their heads right now. There are a lot of things he doesn’t have control over (RISP hitting, SP/BP issues, etc.) and you’re right that it’s a young team and hopefully just a learning curve, but things seem to be snowballing. It’s not easy and probably not fair, but he controls the clubhouse and needs to calm things down for his team. 

“probably not fair”.   Well, you got that part right.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You weren't including the defense and hitting issues?

Roster configuration is odd. There’s not really a RH bat. But, there’s a guy in Norfolk who could help out if the GM would stop trying to play service time games and believe the owner who says he’ll spend. 

Now, Hyde definitely has some bullpen management problems and an over deference to veterans, but I think the bigger problem is the complacency from Elias. Never made an effort to add pitching this off-season. 

12 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

“probably not fair”.   Well, you got that part right.

I mean it’s not but that’s the reality of pro sports. Again, not calling for him to be fired. He shouldn’t be. But the status quo also isn’t working right now.

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

I mean it’s not but that’s the reality of pro sports. Again, not calling for him to be fired. He shouldn’t be. But the status quo also isn’t working right now.

Ok.   You’re not happy and you want him to make everything better.   Me too.   But it’s pro sports.  It doesn’t work that way.  Ask the Dodgers, Yankees, and Braves managers.

1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

It’s a 162 game season.  

In the last 2 years they have the best record in MLB. 

I don’t put a ton of stock in one month.  I expect them to return to the mean. 

Or they are regressing to the mean now