Holliday called up!

jcaponio

2 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

It's so weird that baseball managers and coaches dress like players, but since they do I guess they have to have numbers.

I wish Anthony Sanders would give up #9 and let a player wear it. The single digit numbers are valuable to players and the Orioles have a good player history with that number.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

JH wearing number 7 is an obvious ode to Ripken Sr as well as to his dad. But there was another famous player who also hailed from Oklahoma just like the Holliday family that also donned #7.  Mickey Mantle. 

I was going to name my kid Seven.

14 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I wish Anthony Sanders would give up #9 and let a player wear it. The single digit numbers are valuable to players and the Orioles have a good player history with that number.

I first read this as Anthony Santander and thought -- he is a good player!  Any reason Sanders won't give it up?  

Interesting that Holliday will wear 7, which is what Mark Belanger wore many years ago.  Belanger's glove work rubbing off on young Holliday would be great.  Just not his bat.

1 hour ago, scarey1999 said:

JH wearing number 7 is an obvious ode to Ripken Sr as well as to his dad. But there was another famous player who also hailed from Oklahoma just like the Holliday family that also donned #7.  Mickey Mantle. 

Thats probably why Matt wore it. 

I’d say the highlight of his night was turning the DP and grounding to 2B with 2nd and 3rd. 2 strikeouts, 2 groundouts, and a pop up hit he probably should never have called for.   Maybe Cedric could have bailed him out.

34 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I’d say the highlight of his night was turning the DP and grounding to 2B with 2nd and 3rd. 2 strikeouts, 2 groundouts, and a pop up hit he probably should never have called for.   Maybe Cedric could have bailed him out.

Seemed to me that should be Ced calling him off but I'm not sure he gets there. For me that's a no man's land call and an incredible play if anyone makes it, Holliday included.

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

Seemed to me that should be Ced calling him off but I'm not sure he gets there. For me that's a no man's land call and an incredible play if anyone makes it, Holliday included.

And Cedric keeps coming hard if Holliday isn’t waving his arm (probably verbally calling too) like he’s got it.  Don’t call for a ball if you’re not sure.