Brothers in Christ

Explosivo

1 minute ago, Explosivo said:

This team is special in so many ways. That’s a given, but a differentiation perhaps might arise in this team’s seemingly united love of Christ. The Jackson Holliday postgame interview, highlighting his pre-at bat ritual of drawing a cross in the dirt, giving all glory to Jesus, I tell ya, this team is easy to root for. Gunnar is like that. Adley is like that. Westy is like that. Cowser is like that. Mounty is like that. The list goes on and on. Couldn’t be prouder of them, but the fact they are equally yolked is, I think, a rarity and something that should be cherished and exalted.

I agree with you.

Yeah I have a lot of fun watching this team too but it has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. Pretty sure Jesus has never helped anybody get a hit, but hey if they think it’s helping, more power to them. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Yeah I have a lot of fun watching this team too but it has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. Pretty sure Jesus has never helped anybody get a hit, but hey if they think it’s helping, more power to them. 

You trying to tell me Jesus Christ can’t hit a curve ball? 

• Haha 3

Didn't the 2007 (Holliday) Rockies also have a reputation for having a lot of evangelicals on the team? Matt must have been part of that. I don't care one bit about their personal spiritual beliefs but I agree they are an easy group to root for. 

9 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Dunno... Prayed for Gunnar in his 1st career at bat to be blessed, and display talent he has been given, and he hits a home run. Prayed for Grayson Rodriguez to be blessed and have what he needs while he was pitching on a Sunday night in City Connect jerseys, and then he goes out and is able to perform at a supreme level, winning the game 1-0.

In my lifetime I have experienced countless examples similar to that. Repeatedly. At some point it stops becoming coincidental and falls into the parameters of things observed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Explosivo said:

Someone hasn’t seen Major League! Hah

Not sure if I ever watched it from start to finish.  It didn’t grab me.   I went for the Jesus walking on water joke.  What can I say?