4/11 @ Boston

ArtVanDelay

3 minutes ago, WillyM said:

He actually did pitch to three guys.  He threw the home run to Santander before getting the last out in the eighth and the first out in the ninth.

But he didn't have to.   The 3 guy rule only applies to one inning.   So he didn't have to pitch to the first batter in the 9th.

• Upvote 2

Kid watches two pitches go right over the plate and does not pull the trigger.  Strikes out on a slightly worse pitch.  

Hope the kid gets a hit soon so he wont let it mess with his head. 

20 minutes ago, Say O! said:

You can tell Jackson needs more reps at 2B. His instinct from all time at SS (and shown on videos) is to encircle the grounder, when those type of angles don’t always fly at 2B.  He’ll figure it out though. 

Nice observation

2 minutes ago, justD said:

Is he worried about his injury from the spring returning? Maybe doesn’t feel 100%?

It’s been baffling.  Or at least a little surprising. 

No he had second base stolen but Cowser swung at a ball 2 feet off the plate and flicked it away and it would have been ball 3. The roll over to 2nd would have moved Mullins to 3rd.

• Upvote 2

I now the kid will be fine, but lets face it...he's not looking very good at the plate...and that was an ugly AB..I think hes got 5 K's ....hopefully we can keep it 3-3 and take our chances in extras...Holliday looks very shaky right now

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gurgi said:

Kid watches two pitches go right over the plate and does not pull the trigger.  Strikes out on a slightly worse pitch.  

Hope the kid gets a hit soon so he wont let it mess with his head. 

Remember this happened with Gunnar early in the year last year. 

• Upvote 1

I have an idea. Instead of hyping up our top draft picks to 9000 and getting them so they're out there trembling and can't think straight, just treat them like another ordinary call-up. No calls with Cal Ripken, no taking an informally retired number, no getting to meet the President (I know he didn't meet the President, but you get the point). Just be like "And here's Jackson Holliday, we hope he has a great career."

The kid seems to be feeling the pressure, and caving. He's tense up there.