4/15: Twins limp into town with key players on IL

SteveA

I don't care if Tate got one of the two guys out that he faced, that's the kind of Kevin Cash robo-managing that will lose you a clubhouse longterm. 

So disappointed in Hyde. He just showed me he doesn't have any feel for a game, but will follow the robo manager script no matter what.

I'm tired of seeing these s***ty umpires with their expanded strike zones.  It works against the O's because our hitters generally have excellent strike zone judgment that they then get penalized for.   

And is it just me, or does it seem that for some reason our pitchers aren't as good at taking advantage at expanded strike zones?    

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't care if Tate got one of the two guys out that he faced, that's the kind of Kevin Cash robo-managing that will lose you a clubhouse longterm. 

So disappointed in Hyde. He just showed me he doesn't have any feel for a game, but will follow the robo manager script no matter what.

He's done this several times before and it rubs me wrong too. This time was more justifiable given who was hitting.

2 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

82 degrees in Durham NC. Nice night to watch on the iPad with the wife and Great Pyrenees pup in the backyard. 

So everyone has their own Homer Hose nipple or what? Go Rhino!

I see Ben agrees. 

DCH4Sjj.jpeg

Nice shot!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Are we watching the end of Tate?  If he loses any more velocity he will be crush time.  How many relievers can get by throwing 89-90 mph?  

Got to hope this off season he gets plenty rest and it livens up again.

It might be the end..or he needs some vitamins. In any case, push is coming to shove soon.

You guys can make all the excuses you want for Hyde. BS frickin' move. You don't pull your starter there. You just don't. I don't like that kind of managing. He just became Kevin Cash. Screw the starter, screw the plate, if the SIGBOT computer says there is a .1% better chance of working out in their favor he makes the move.

If the hitter was in scoring position, maybe. Two out, guy on first, give him a shot.

• Upvote 2

I learned to eat FF with Mayo in the Army in Germany.  The natives there did it.  Heard it was started in the Netherlands or something.  I still do eat it that way once in a while.  Taught my family to do it.