Adley Rutschman 2024

joelala

8 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Haven’t seen anyone give credit to the fans for not reaching over and trying to catch Adley's homer.  Not sure what the ruling would have been, but they clearly pull back. 

This ain’t New York and that ain’t Jeffrey Maier. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Haven’t seen anyone give credit to the fans for not reaching over and trying to catch Adley's homer.  Not sure what the ruling would have been, but they clearly pull back. 

No harm done, but I'm pretty sure the kid in the black shirt reached over and the ball hit his hand at the 0:28 sec mark.

https://www.mlb.com/video/adley-rutschman-homers-9-on-a-fly-ball-to-right-field-jordan-westburg-sco?t=walk-offs

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dystopia said:

And from the left side too - so much for the teeth-nashing about his OPS vs. RHP.

I saw in one game thread how they thought he was looking more like Joe Mauer than Buster Posey (no like thats a bad thing) now he is back to Posey

11 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

I saw in one game thread how they thought he was looking more like Joe Mauer than Buster Posey (no like thats a bad thing) now he is back to Posey

11 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Either one is outstanding. I’m not concerned about Adley’s offense. His biggest area for improvement is throwing. 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I didn’t realize until post-game that Adley is a confirmed Blue Jays killer.  In the penultimate page of today’s game thread there’s a link to a video of two Jays fans watching the game and giving commentary and they were clearly terrified of facing Rutschmsn in the 9th.  Then their reaction when he homers is must-watch.   “Rutschman is clutch as F***!”  “I just hate the fact that we’re going to have to play this guy for the next decade of time!!!” (I hope so!) 

Anyway, I looked it up, and before today, Adler’s career numbers against the Jays were .342/.423/.594 with 7 homers and 22 RBI in 31 games.  Those numbers just went up!

Here’s the video if you want to see it - you need to fast forward to 6 minutes or so from the end.  Kudos to @clapdiddyfor digging this up.  

That was amazing. Kind of a 3D version of the OH game thread. "It's just pain. It's just pain." Lol.

1 hour ago, FlaO'sFan said:

No harm done, but I'm pretty sure the kid in the black shirt reached over and the ball hit his hand at the 0:28 sec mark.

https://www.mlb.com/video/adley-rutschman-homers-9-on-a-fly-ball-to-right-field-jordan-westburg-sco?t=walk-offs

Yeah, watching the game live I thought all the fans had pulled back. But that one guy did reach over and touch it before it landed.

I guess they ruled (correctly) that it was already over the HR line at that point. Though this one wouldn't have been a HR before the "other" Camden Yards wall change-- when they shortened that RF wall in the early 2010s. 

• Upvote 2