Friday, April 19: Orioles begin road trip in KC

SteveA

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

We couldn't get this guy out and he has a .550 OPS?

He didn't when we played them. Guys get hot and cold in baseball. It's a thing.

Edited by Malike

Thing is, this is another example of aggressive baserunning (taking too large a lead) backfiring on us.

The guys have to either take risks and sometimes get picked off/caught stealing, or lose those extra 90 ft they keep trying to obtain.

Just now, justD said:

Thing is, this is another example of aggressive baserunning (taking too large a lead) backfiring on us.

The guys have to either take risks and sometimes get picked off/caught stealing, or lose those extra 90 ft they keep trying to obtain, 

Gunnar is very aggressive, it's often good and sometimes bad.  We have to accept that part of his game I guess.

Just now, Malike said:

Gunnar is very aggressive, it's often good and sometimes bad.  We have to accept that part of his game I guess.

For now. He will mature. He’s still inexperienced. There’s zero value in taking an aggressive lead in that situation. 

1 minute ago, toughbuff1 said:

He beat the tag, but even if it's supposedly too close to call isn't a tie supposed to go to the runner?

It’s really more about having enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. If it was a tie and the ump called him out, likely the call stands. 

I also think that tie-to-the-runner isn’t an actual rule in MLB, tho I may be wrong. 

Just now, Sanfran327 said:

For now. He will mature. He’s still inexperienced. There’s zero value in taking an aggressive lead in that situation. 

For now, is all we have. I'm not thinking how he'll be when he's 29 he won't be here. This year we'll have to deal with it and it will help us as well.

• Upvote 1