Friday, April 19: Orioles begin road trip in KC

SteveA

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

We look absolutely pathetic tonight and that first inning gaffe by Henderson might have really impacted this game...

That's the difference between playing a good team vs a bad team. During the MIL series, we were the worst team in baseball and the sky was falling. Against MIN we were the best team in baseball and couldn't be stopped. Now we're the worst again. 

That Tiguan commercial reminds me of a killer NASA project I worked on back in the day.  We presented all that kind of thing in one of our design reviews - number of hospital stays, divorce proceedings, etc

Loved that project but it almost killed me lol

8 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

We look absolutely pathetic tonight and that first inning gaffe by Henderson might have really impacted this game...

Does it make you feel better that Santander popped up and then Mountcastle K'd?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Exactly. My friend was arguing with me to see the Phillies prices. I said the Phillies have 35,000 fans and 250 million dollar payroll. Also they have 150 million dollars committed to next years roster. My argument is that we should be playing to who we are. We should not be cancelling the top left upper deck seats pre game instead of offering them for 5$ for students, kids, first responders, teachers. My son is 2 years old and may watch the game for 2-3 innings before walking around. Why would I want to get a expensive ticket.
    • It’s dangerous to extrapolate much from one series.  If the Yankees stay healthy they’ll win 90+ games and force us to get to the high 90’s if we want to win the division.   Their starting pitching is decent and their bullpen as always is very good.  Death, taxes and a good Yankee bullpen.   The offense wasn’t scary and we’ll see if it stays that way.  I think Torres is a big key to their season.  He’s at .569 OPS and at 27 years old there’s no reason he should suddenly be taking a 200 point OPS dive.  If he gets back to normal and Judge heats up, they’re suddenly much more dangerous on offense.   I’m glad we took 3 of 4 and finished the series in first place, but there’s miles to go and the season will take many twists and turns.    
    • Yea I could see the Yankees being dangerous in a series if Soto and Judge are hot and Cole is back pitching like he can.  That bullpen is tough if they have a lead. But they need a lot to go right imo. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if they missed the playoffs although I would pencil them in as of today.
    • You rightly listed ahead of Povich the guy that is probably closest to him--Coloumbe.  Coloumbe is an excellent reliever. Zimmerman was never talked up by management like Povich.  Zimmerman was never a top 100 prospect on any prospect list like Povich.  Zimmerman and Povich are currently on the same team and one is clearly superior to the other.    
    • Mayo could DH versus LH SP, and play some 3rd va RHP. Ramon could enter in late as a defensive sub. That’s an everyday role with 1 off day a week.  
    • I'll forgive him for both if he can keep pitching the way he has. Baker? you will probably see him this Summer in a Shuttle move or 2 to eat non leveraged innings, hopefully not in October.  
  • Popular Contributors