2024 Gameball Thread

Aristotelian

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

Nobody gets a gameball if he doesn't hit the HR then. We lose in nine. Westburg had a great game and only had a chance to walk it off thanks to the 8th inning HR, otherwise, you're all here lamenting about how the double plays killed us and we should have scored more than three runs or whatever. 

Ok.  We don’t win if Santander doesn’t hit the homer.  So what?   If that Your logic for player of the game good for you.   If Westburg doesn’t double in the run after Santander fails to in the 2nd inning then Santander’s homer doesn’t matter.   

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

Unlike you, I don't seek validation from strangers on the internet. I'm happy to be on my own island. You can live for likes here and feel good about yourself, it's good to feel important in some part of your life, even if it's a message board.

Haha.  The reason you’re on an island is because no one else is dumb enough to be there with you.  Be proud.  And dumb.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, andymax said:

Gameball goes to the bus driver that got the team to the ballpark, Westy's walk-off doesn't happen without their contribution.

That’s funny.  Unfortunately, Malike has no internet access on his island and is missing this.   😀

Or maybe he gave himself a timeout.  He does that.

Edited by RZNJ

@Malikeis right. Westy had a hell of a game but there’s no chance for the Orioles to win if Tony doesn’t go deep. 

I guess depending on what you believe, game balls are for the player who fills the stat sheet or for the player who might not have had 3 or 4 hits but for the one who had arguably the biggest. 

The fact is that if both players don’t have the games they had today, the Orioles don’t win. I side with Tony for the homer he hit in the late innings. 

Or we could just give two game balls.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

@Malikeis right. Westy had a hell of a game but there’s no chance for the Orioles to win if Tony doesn’t go deep. 

I guess depending on what you believe, game balls are for the player who fills the stat sheet or for the player who might not have had 3 or 4 hits but for the one who had arguably the biggest. 

The fact is that if both players don’t have the games they had today, the Orioles don’t win. I side with Tony for the homer he hit in the late innings. 

Or we could just give two game balls.

Enjoy the island with Malike.  I hope you two are very happy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Enjoy the island with Malike.  I hope you two are very happy.

It’s really simple. Before Tony’s homer, the Diamondbacks had a 76.3% chance to win. With one swing of the bat he changed that to 57.3% in our favor. 

It is statistically the biggest play of the game and it’s not particularly close. You can keep trying your Billy Badass Leo Durocher wannabe schtick or you could bring some evidence to the table to refute what I just went upside your head with. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It’s really simple. Before Tony’s homer, the Diamondbacks had a 76.3% chance to win. With one swing of the bat he changed that to 57.3% in our favor. 

It is statistically the biggest play of the game and it’s not particularly close. You can keep trying your Billy Badass Leo Durocher wannabe schtick or you could bring some evidence to the table to refute what I just went upside your head with. 

Haha.   Maybe you missed all of the evidence I provided.  I can point you in the right direction (up) but I can’t read it for you.    

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

lol the DirtyBird downvote from the grave hit me again dude! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It’s his only voice and, I must say, he’s using it wisely.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Haha.   Maybe you missed all of the evidence I provided.  I can point you in the right direction (up) but I can’t read it for you.    

I read it. You just provided some play by play recaps and your opinion. 

No play in the game changed the winning probability by 33.6 percentage points. Not even the game winning hit. 

If you can find a play in the game that statistically swung the game by 33.6 percentage points and from the Diamondbacks as favorites to us, I’d love to see it. If you can’t, that’s fine. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

lol the DirtyBird downvote from the grave hit me again dude! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I voted for Westburg for the gameball for him because he's in OH jail. Honestly, the rep points are the best things he's ever done for the board, at least they are entertaining.

• Haha 1