My annual head first slide thread

webbrick2010

6 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Every year players are injured sliding head first into bags or even worse home plate.

Just noticed that EBJ has a head injury from sliding head first into home (really dangerous and stupid)

I'll say it again, what analytics driven organization will be the first to ban head first slides for all of their players

I remember when David Sequi was a decent player and ended his career with a serious hand injury sliding head/hand first into home.

Cal never slid head first, and wouldn't have been the iron man if he did.

Was that before or after the O's signed him?  Did he go on the IL for the sunburn injury?

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The question I'd pose is do we want more base stealing or less? I think I'd like to see more, so I'd generally be against most rules that cut back on that. Even with the recent rules changes and the mitts that have bumped up steals by roughly 50%, we're only back to the level steals were in the 90s. And not even close to deadball era baserunning. I don't see what the oven mitts are hurting.

If anything, I'd be more in favor of limiting fielding glove sizes to help offenses a bit.

I'm fine with 18" mitts if our guys get them too. What bothers me is no rule and then the mitts get longer and longer. Make it the same size for everyone and I'm good.

14 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I'm fine with 18" mitts if our guys get them too. What bothers me is no rule and then the mitts get longer and longer. Make it the same size for everyone and I'm good.

If there's no rule, then why aren't the Orioles' mitts 78"?