Tuesday, April 30: Orioles vs Yankees

SteveA

1 minute ago, Malike said:

So, being an adult is hard for you. Let the list continue to grow.

Maybe a good lesson for you to make a better choice than to be condescending to someone that's trying to engage with you in a simple baseball debate about recent elite LH hitters. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dunk35 said:

Really think we should've pinch hit HK this inning. But oh well. 

I don't. We are playing with a 2 run lead. We need our peak defensive alignment and Kjerstad has been struggling at the plate anyway. No sense in burning a good defender for what would likely be an out.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

I don't. We are playing with a 2 run lead. We need our peak defensive alignment and Kjerstad has been struggling at the plate anyway. No sense in burning a good defender for what would likely be an out.

Well we have, ya know, a good glover sitting on the bench that could come in.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Melewski’s a little slow.  I saw that yesterday, elsewhere.
    • I wouldn’t trade Basallo or Mayo straight up for Crochet. We need a starter and Crochet may not be a starter the rest of the year and this work load could affect his arm next year as well. He’s just too much of a risk and may not help us win this year.  If we could use Kjerstad to headline a deal, I would think something could be worked out.  Personally, I doubt crochet is traded. Getz is going to overvalue him and teams aren’t going to part with a top 20 guy and a top 50 guy plus more.  It’s just not happening, as I said it wouldn’t for Cease. As for other pitchers, some of the Texas guys are certainly possible. Miami has some intriguing options potentially. I’m a Detmers guy, although he’s a bit of a project.(maybe big BP help this year) I am also more about improving the pen first. End of the day, do I want Fedde starting game 3 of a playoff series?  As of today, I’m not sure I do so I don’t want to trade assets for that guy.
    • Gibson is being promoted to Aberdeen, per Melewski.
    • Is O’Hearn that much worse than Mountcastle at 1B?  I don’t think so. 
    • I understand your case and logic for Skubal  . I do like him too . However I question whether the Tigers will trade him and secondly , is Elias willing pay the high costs to acquire him ?  Knowing Elias , I’m not sure 🤷‍♂️ 
    • But that’s my point, who are all these flawless options?  By no means do you have to trade for our guys, but it’s not a stellar group of starting pitchers.  You’ll likely take on some risk with whomever you acquire.  I don’t like taking specific comments and then generalizing the whole board, but there is quite a bit of nitpicking going on from a large group of posters on almost all the SP options not named Skubal as well as some overvaluing of your lesser prospects who are unlikely to get something of value.  Getting an impactful SP in this market is going to hurt one way or the other, you just have to decide what trade offs are you willing to take. I do appreciate your viewpoints because you seem capable of saying something might be fair in terms of value, but at the same time not be a trade you’d actually make.  Personally, I think Crochet would be a massive coup for you guys at the price I just mentioned, but I can respect if you feel he’s too risky.  I’m not sure there will another SP like him available in terms of potential impact and now is the time you guys should really be going for it.
  • Popular Contributors