Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

3 hours ago, interloper said:

For the amount of weird nonsense that occurred during his start, I thought he looked awesome. 

-Bee
-Catcher's interference
-HBP where the batter didn't try to move
-McCann dropped foul tip 3rd strike
-Cop badge reflection delay
-Beach ball delay
-Lucky weak double inside the bag
-One of the worst throws I've seen from a LFer

This. And the umpire wasn't calling strikes as strikes either.  As someone else said, the Umpire squeezed him.

All things considered, Bradish remained poised and produced and a very good start on the mound today. 

One of my favorite pitchers is back!

• Upvote 1

Pretty incredible Bradish threw today. Maybe his tear wasn’t too bad. Either way, hope he stays healthy. We’re a World Series contender if we have Burnes, Brad, and Rod in October

19 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Pretty incredible Bradish threw today. Maybe his tear wasn’t too bad. Either way, hope he stays healthy. We’re a World Series contender if we have Burnes, Brad, and Rod in October

I'm pretty sure there was no tear...unless you know something I dont.It was soreness on his UCL.Whatever it was, his velocity and movement were excellent today.. Now we cross our fingers and hope he remains pain free.

44 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

I think it’s safe to say he probably had the mildest of damage. His rehab starts all went well and looked like typical Bradish today too. Cautiously optimistic. 

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I think it’s safe to say he probably had the mildest of damage. His rehab starts all went well and looked like typical Bradish today too. Cautiously optimistic. 

Agreed

Aaron Nola's been the hopeful case all along.     Since 2017 when he returned from his August 2016 strain, he is about to become the MLB leader in Innings Pitched when he passes Gerrit Cole in two more rotation cycles.    Cole/Nola about 75 innings up on 3rd place Berrios in that span.

Best wishes for Bradish that's him in another 7 years!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Small sample theater - PitchingBot's ERA estimator pegged his ~85 pitches yesterday for a 2.82 ERA, about 90th percentile filtering for the "as SP" positional split.

2023 it had him about 80th percentile.

Looked like his sinker velo was the same as last year. Slider and curve were a little down but spin rates were up. Glad to have him back and hopefully he stays healthy. 

Bradish looked real solid in person. He did get himself into some jams but got out of em with some huge strikeouts and timely outs. 9ks in 5 innings as he was throwing 97mph sinker, 98mph heater and dropping that curve on the DC squadron.

1st inning runners 2nd and 3rd one out back to back called third strikes.
2nd inning 2nd and 3rd two outs gets Abrams looking.
Struck out the side in the 5th to end his night.