Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Fell behind some hitters but you really can't complain.  He was pretty overpowering

He didnt have his command, but his stuff was great, the pitch count felled him.I'm encouraged.I also think Bradish is a bulldog, and very dependable.If Means is also legit, I thought about one of the starters in the pen to close...maybe Irvin?Or as wild as it may seem....Grayson. Of course we may have Tyler Wells, or we might bring up Povich or McDermott...If Means looks good again and has no pain...The Orioles have a surplus of good arms and good pitchers...but they gotta move Kimbrel out of there..

Edited by Roy Firestone

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

He didnt have his command, but his stuff was great, the pitch count felled him.I'm encouraged.I also think Bradish is a bulldog, and very dependable.If Means is also legit, I thought about one of the starters in the pen to close...maybe Irvin?Or as wild as it may seem....Grayson. Of course we may have Tyler Wells, or we might bring up Povich or McDermott...If Means looks good again and has no pain...The Orioles have a surplus of good arms and good pitchers...but they gotta move Kimbrel out of there..

Hyde said he's sticking with him, we'll see how much rope he gets.

Super encouraged that Bradish stuff looks as nasty as last year.  His metrics are even better so far: whiff% 30.4 (vs 25.9 last year), groundball% 59.1 (vs 49.1 last year).  As Big Ben mentioned, he has upped usage of 2 seamer in lieu of 4 seamer while rest of offspeed offerings are similar to last season for slider and curveball. 

5 minutes ago, Say O! said:

Super encouraged that Bradish stuff looks as nasty as last year.  His metrics are even better so far: whiff% 30.4 (vs 25.9 last year), groundball% 59.1 (vs 49.1 last year).  As Big Ben mentioned, he has upped usage of 2 seamer in lieu of 4 seamer while rest of offspeed offerings are similar to last season for slider and curveball. 

Was going to post that earlier as well. The whiff and GB% being up is great. Velocity looks good too. His stuff+ is considerably down from last year in a SSS though, mostly due to his 4 seamer (which he hardly uses), his slider (from 171 to 136 which would’ve been top 5 among qualifiers last year), and his changeup (from 97 to 26). 

His current stuff+ still would’ve been top 10 last year among qualifiers, that’s just down from being 2nd overall (behind Burnes). He’s only thrown 20 4S’s and 2 changeups so both (even smaller) SSS. The slider is down just a hair velo wise. Not sure if the spin is down but he’s getting more whiffs on it. 

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I thought Bradish looked great last night, especially in the 5th. Everything was sharp and they had no chance.

Very encouraging signs from what felt like a really dire situation. 

No chance is right.  He ran into some command and control issues early but when his stuff was working, they couldn’t touch it.

I’m shocked at how well things are looking right now…which is about the feeling I figure I will have right before the shoe drops.

• Upvote 1

The velo he got in the 1st last night when he needed to was impressive. I dont remember any 98s from him last year. Good sign that his arm is feeling good. When he's healthy, he is such a good pitcher. 

I'm happy for him, the team and us fans, but I'm still nervous about his arm. Obviously having him start every 5th day makes the team better. There's a small list of pitchers that have been able to get by without the surgery...I hope he's one of them.

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

No chance is right.  He ran into some command and control issues early but when his stuff was working, they couldn’t touch it.

I’m shocked at how well things are looking right now…which is about the feeling I figure I will have right before the shoe drops.

Yeah, this whole Kimbrel drama situation is really taking away from how unbelievable this Bradish situation has turned out. I don’t think anyone would’ve guessed back to top 5 CYA level within 40 games into the season. Not a chance. But he’s there. We are beyond spoiled with SP right now compared to where we’ve been. 

Best rotation since the 96-97 teams?  2014?  Better?