What are you expecting from John Means today?

I think the 7 inning three hitter with no walks or runs was incredible last week against the Reds.Its just not sustainable. I'm preparing for a slight regress. I'll say 5 and a third , 3 runs, 5 hits 2 walks. We need to score more runs to keep our bullpen from having meltdowns late in the game. Hopefully, we'll score enough runs for Means to keep him competitive today.

• Downvote 1

Not sure what to expect, the Cincy team we faced was really having a bad way of things, they were then swept by the DBacks, so I'm not sure what to expect right now. If he pitches the way he did in Cincy I think he'll be alright. Hopefully, he has his changeup working and gets some strikeouts. If they are hitting balls to the outfield with some authority, it may get sketchy.

Just now, Malike said:

2021, the dark years, indeed.

Oh yeah. The darkest. I was definitely tuned out at that point. Adley woke me up, like so many others. And like the team/franchise itself for that  matter. 

15 minutes ago, owknows said:

Shocking to me that some people still haven't figured out what Roy is about.

In fairness, if reverse jinxes were actually a thing, this team would be 37-0 right now. If you say the same thing every time, you are bound to hit on something.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

In fairness, if reverse jinxes were actually a thing, this team would be 37-0 right now. If you say the same thing every time, you are bound to hit on something.

Not suggesting that they work.

Just that they are part of the culture of the board, and that it is surprising that this escapes people more immersed in OH than I am.

• Upvote 1