The Blue Jays Series

I’ve been kind of shocked with what’s gone on with Toronto’s offense the last three years.  

2022: 4.78 R/G (2nd in AL), 117 OPS+(1st)

2023: 4.60 R/G (8th), 106 OPS+ (6th)

2024: 3.67 R/G (14th), 94 OPS (12th)

I mean, I used to really fear their offense, and now they’re awful, despite having several of the same core guys, who should be in their prime.  I don’t get it, but I hope they don’t wake up any time soon.

In 2022 the Jays scored 5.26 runs a game off us.  Last year it was 3.08.  

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I'm even more surprised with their pitching. It's been their calling card. They are 25th in the league. I hope they don't shut us down right on cue.

Edited by Malike

Just now, Malike said:

I'm even more surprised with their pitching. It's always been their calling card. They are 25th in the league. I hope they don't shut us down right on cue.

As of Friday, their bullpen ERA was worst in MLB, over 5.   Haven't checked since then.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

As of Friday, their bullpen ERA was worst in MLB, over 5.   Haven't checked since then.

Team ERA is 4.59, probably bogged down with the pen, but I think Gausmann is having a bad year as well. 

5 hours ago, Malike said:

I feel like he does most of his damage in Toronto. He always talks about how great the batters eye is there. His OPS at Rogers Center is 1.046 for his career.

If Mountcastle leaves at some point, he'll want to play at Toronto, so he can have half his games there. 

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The Jays always seem to perform worse than their talent level. They make me kind of nervous cause they should be better than they are, but the only thing they’re consistent at is underperforming. 

Their manager is a pinecone. 

This is one of those posts that remind me why I spend too much time reading posts here.

Six decades on the planet, I’ve heard people called all kinds of things, but not pinecone.

I had to look it up — which kind of made me feel sort of like a pinecone.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’ve been kind of shocked with what’s gone on with Toronto’s offense the last three years.  

2022: 4.78 R/G (2nd in AL), 117 OPS+(1st)

2023: 4.60 R/G (8th), 106 OPS+ (6th)

2024: 3.67 R/G (14th), 94 OPS (12th)

I mean, I used to really fear their offense, and now they’re awful, despite having several of the same core guys, who should be in their prime.  I don’t get it, but I hope they don’t wake up any time soon.

In 2022 the Jays scored 5.26 runs a game off us.  Last year it was 3.08.  

The depth of their lineup is not as good and as so far their stars aren’t hitting like stars. 

Kirk isn’t the same. Springer isn’t. 

Makes me wonder if their hitting coach gets fired before manager does.