Wednesday afternoon May 15: Orioles vs Blue Jay

SteveA

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Oh, ok.  Thanks.   Did it bounce off the railing above the wall that the fans stand behind, and come back on the field?

Looked like it hit right off the top of the green padding right at the base of the black fence/railing...if that makes sense.

9 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah!  Not sure we deserved to win that.  Fked up on every way possible.

From the offense side I agree. But our pitchers held the Jays to 2 runs with a mix of good escapes and good innings. If you can hold the opponent to 2 runs for an entire game, you might just get enough chances that someone like Adley will cash one of them in. And he did.

10 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Horrible game. They need to be a lot bettwr

Every game is not going to be a laugher. Great teams find ways to win games that they shouldn’t. The Yankees and Red Sox did that to us for years on their way to pennants. 

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Oh, ok.  Thanks.   Did it bounce off the railing above the wall that the fans stand behind, and come back on the field?

Couldn’t tell if it hit the railing but it did bounce basically on top of the front of the big wall and came back onto the field. It was pretty clearly over the scoreboard where it hit though 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• So some inside baseball on the deal: - Valued at ~$75 Million over the life of the deal; my source didn't have have the length other than "multi year" but based on what other teams get for the jersey patch and everything else that's coming with it I would think it has a 3-5 year term. -Includes a ton of stadium signage; you will the Sheep in the dugouts, on the wall behind press conferences, on the outfield wall, on the scoreboard.  Source couldn't confirm my suspicion that they are going where "The Sun" used to be. -Is a rework of the deal they had with Angelos for stadium naming.  This is all conjecture on my part but with the huge amount of signage and TV visibility that comes with this I can't see them selling the stadium naming. -TRP employees get a 20% discount and an Orioles hat
    • It might be fun for the '27 Orioles to eclipse the '27 Yankees.
    • Then how does Bradish get in that series? Right now he’s in line for Thursday. They’d have to pitch him Wednesday. 
    • 2023-24 Braves OPS+ scan C Murphy 126 --> D'Arnaud 115     (Murphy just settling into his season after a 2022 Adley like first quarter absence) 1B Olson 163 to 112 2B Albies 125 to 106 SS Arcia 98 to 79 3B Riley 129 to 84 LF Rosario 101 --> Kelenic 103 CF Harris 115 to 83 RF Acuna 169 to 105 DH Ozuna 139 to 177 Something I loved about the 2023 Braves that I hope some future Orioles team has enough good health to do is they basically said "peace out" to the back of the bench because the best 10 guys in the position player group were so strong.    I want to see a yearly outcome when Heston Kjerstad is the worst guy getting even 100 of the ~6800 PA. It has been an interesting 3 year run with regular season and postseason success contrasts as Bryce's team has outplayed them twice following the 2021 championship.    ATL-PHI still probably heading for their parallel to BAL-NYY as a likeliest divisional series matchup, and for some fans that result matters much more than who wins 104 and who wins 96 games.
    • The Yankees were averaging 5.10 runs/game when we played them.  We held them to 6 runs in 4 games, .557 OPS.  Since then, they’ve averaged 5.17 runs/game. The Reds were averaging 4.84 runs/game when we played them.  We held them to 2 runs in 3 games, .313 OPS.  Since then, they’ve averaged 4.25 runs/game. The Rays were averaging 4.00 runs per game when we played them.  We held them to 7 runs in 4 games, .460 OPS. I think I’d rank it Reds, Yankees, Rays, considering both the strength of our performance and the strength of the opposing offense.  But all three were spectacular series from a pitching standpoint.  This team can pitch.  
  • Popular Contributors