Don’t Look now but Kansas City is pretty good.

accinfo

I guess KCR-CLE have a contrast where Royals are leaning on their SP and the Guardians on their RP.    I still think the Twins are the favorite.

I'm pretty sure the 2nd place East team will be the #4 seed, even with the banked wins by those two early leaders.

The Royals all slow bullpen was a notable feature in our games with them - they are probably knocking on all the same doors Elias is when they take a break from their preparations for the draft.

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You know who’s a WS contender?  Any team that makes the playoffs and plays well in the playoffs, regardless of whether they won 100 games or 85 during the season.  We’ve seen the truth of that dozens of times over the years.  

As I acknowledged the season isnt over. The claim I responded to was that KC is *below* HOU and TEX. If you want to put them all in a category of teams who have not been eliminated, sure.

27 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It looks like their starting pitching has been stupendous.   Can Seth Lugo, Brady Singer, Alec Marsh, Cole Ragans, and Michael Wacha do this for a whole season?    Just like most any other team it could go either way.

I suppose you could have said the same thing about the 2023 Orioles with Gibson, Kremer, Bradish, Wells and GRod

8 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I suppose you could have said the same thing about the 2023 Orioles with Gibson, Kremer, Bradish, Wells and GRod

We did say the same thing about the 2023 Orioles.  Health and innings.  

2 hours ago, Jagwar said:

Technically, we didn't get through the whole year with Wells and Rodriguez. They both came back and contributed in different ways, but if Lugo has to go to the pen, that changes the metric in a big way for KC.

Where do you find “strength of schedule,”?

We’ve played fewer games than all the teams in MLB who have fewer losses than we do, including four fewer than New York. So the record by itself doesn’t tell the whole story, and I’m interested in what information the strength of schedule stat might provide.