Saturday afternoon May 25: Orioles at White Sox

SteveA

Just now, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

Yes it feels more appropriate in the game thread to rant about the offense sucking, even though they scored 8 the other day and 6 yesterday. 

In the game thread I don’t fact check myself as much. 

100%.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

If Tate can come back strong, it’ll be huge. 

It’s a bummer tho, he sits like 90/91 now. If he’s not mid 90’s, hard to see him being back end anymore. And another reason we need to invest in bullpen by the deadline. 

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

Maybe because it's May and the team is right in the thick of things and cooler heads don't panic like people on message boards.

Sure, but during a long season, good teams need to adjust when the opposition finds weak spots and takes advantage of them. The braintrust needs to anticipate those flaws( they know them better than anybody else) and deal with them.

I don’t know much, but it seems as if we have potentially better players available that aren’t playing, and veterans with major problems who are, and we have pieces that could acquire potential solutions that are just sitting around gathering dust.

Tampa Bay was right in the thick of things last year at this time and look what happened to them.

Yes, it is just May, but it is reasonable to wonder whether this is a fluke or a trend, and I am leaning more towards the latter.

And we are doing this against baseball’s worst team, so there’s that.

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

Yeah, that's the smart move. 🙄

Seems that folks don’t look up his splits with runners on vs off. He barely went 2 and allowed 6 baserunners and 3 runs. Couldn’t attack the bottom of the lineup. That should say everything, no?

Just saying Akin can’t be trusted. This is what you get with him. He’s in the 3rd tier of relievers on this team.

2 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

It’s a bummer tho, he sits like 90/91 now. If he’s not mid 90’s, hard to see him being back end anymore. And another reason we need to invest in bullpen by the deadline. 

Oh, I agree 100%. If Akin is part of the Circle of trust with Hyde, it shows this team desperately needs bullpen help. 

Just now, HowAbout That said:

Sure, but during a long season, good teams need to adjust when the opposition finds weak spots and takes advantage of them. The braintrust needs to anticipate those flaws( they know them better than anybody else) and deal with them.

I don’t know much, but it seems as if we have potentially better players available that aren’t playing, and veterans with major problems who are, and we have pieces that could acquire potential solutions that are just sitting around gathering dust.

Tampa Bay was right in the thick of things last year at this time and look what happened to them.

Yes, it is just May, but it is reasonable to wonder whether this is a fluke or a trend, and I am leaning more towards the latter.

And we are doing this against baseball’s worst team, so there’s that.

They've scored 14 runs in two days. They need bullpen help, they will get it. Other than SD trading for Arraez, what teams have made significant moves in May to help bolster the roster? MIL is 8 games over .500 and has the Cubs on their tail, they aren't making moves. The Cubs are 2.5 games back and they aren't making moves. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I think what puts pressure on all of us right now is the Yankees look like a juggernaut. Feels like everything is going right for them somehow, even with Cole going down. We can’t just cruise to division title. 

Edited by Grt 2BA FL Gator