O's Acquire Thyago Vieira

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

They are new.  All have had debuts since 2019-2020?  Some of them are obnoxiously young.

Dry Cleaning has older members but they are the outlier.

I do miss the days where we all listened to the same 4 or 5 radio stations and we all got exposed to new music and artists the same way.  

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I got into a rut for a long time but youtube and spotify helped me break out.

You like Geese?  They are an actual American rock and roll band.

Funny you say that. My niece asked me to go see them next Thursday, it's about 30 mins away from me, but I'm remodeling my kitchen so I couldn't go.

Edited by Malike
  • Haha 1

Just now, accinfo said:

I do miss the days where we all listened to the same 4 or 5 radio stations and we all got exposed to new music and artists the same way.  

I hope you are joking.

So much stuff was happening that I had no idea about.

I've been listening to This Heat earlier today.  You think I had any idea they existed back in the early 80's?

Just now, Malike said:

Funny you say that. My niece asked me to go see them next Thursday, it's about 30 mins away from me, but I'm remodeling my kitchen so I couldn't go.

Shame. 

I was tempted to go to Ybor to see them but...I'm old and it's Ybor.

Haven't been to Ybor in maybe 20 years and I don't think I could get the young folks I know to go with me.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Shame. 

I was tempted to go to Ybor to see them but...I'm old and it's Ybor.

Haven't been to Ybor in maybe 20 years and I don't think I could get the young folks I know to go with me.

Luckily my niece is a freak and loves like everything. She made me take her to Judas Priest. She's 26 and the kid drives to Boston like 3 times a month to see shows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Luckily my niece is a freak and loves like everything. She made me take her to Judas Priest. She's 26 and the kid drives to Boston like 3 times a month to see shows.

Best I can do is to get some of them to follow me on Spotify.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I hope you are joking.

So much stuff was happening that I had no idea about.

I've been listening to This Heat earlier today.  You think I had any idea they existed back in the early 80's?

I wasn’t joking.  Now I find myself just listening to the same stuff I have liked in the 70’s and 80’s.  I go to Nashville once and month and hear a lot of great new artists while am there but it is hard for them to get it exposed to the masses.  I have even helped fund a couple of CD’s by good friends I have known for 5 years down there.  

Eddie Van Halen > Randy Rhoads and it's not close.  The only reason they're mentioned together is because they came up in the same time and in the same SoCal area.  EVH was an innovator IIRC, he has patented some guitar technologies and amps as well.  Rhoads was a great player, but there's no comparison between the two.

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

These guys do angry, and crooner, and jazz fusion.

These girls are just great.

Not angry at all.

He's much more of a sad boy than a mad boy.

These guys are  a bit angry but they are also political and funny.

I could easily go on.

Nice. I actually did listen.Thanks 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Eddie Van Halen > Randy Rhoads and it's not close.  The only reason they're mentioned together is because they came up in the same time and in the same SoCal area.  EVH was an innovator IIRC, he has patented some guitar technologies and amps as well.  Rhoads was a great player, but there's no comparison between the two.

True

I did like Randy, but Eddie was “a very nice player”

I still have my old plexi Marshall and a phase 90 😊

Edited by Phil Beckett
I don’t want to say 😮

32 minutes ago, accinfo said:

My musical development really expanded when all those college stations in DC started happening WHFS WGTB etc. I really do like all kinds of music 

there could be a little bit of a generation gap thing happening here too. I’m kind of old 

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hey new guy, might wanna edit the language here.  

Dun 

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Rhoads was the first to admit he hadn't yet come up with his own style, he was sort of labeled neoclassical metal with Quiet Riot, but I read a while ago something like when he was doing solos live he would do a lot of the same licks as Eddie and he hated that he did it. He said it would take a few years to come up with his own stuff that nobody had done but sadly he didn't get the chance.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Rhoads was the first to admit he hadn't yet come up with his own style, he was sort of labeled neoclassical metal with Quiet Riot, but I read a while ago something like when he was doing solos live he would do a lot of the same licks as Eddie and he hated that he did it. He said it would take a few years to come up with his own stuff that nobody had done but sadly he didn't get the chance.

He died pretty young. Who knows where he might’ve gone. It’s a sad tale.