The 2024 Trade Deadline

8 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I think his stuff plays up as a reliever. I think he'd be a good option out of the pen

Yeah, I don't think Elias is done 48 hours out, but if he is I think from today's roster add Coulombe, McDermott and maybe Povich, and subtract Irvin, Smith and maybe Akin.      As much as I'm a fan of K-bb, Akin is one of those pitchers who puts up numbers there but it exaggerates his ability to prevent runs.

I'd hope in shorter bursts Albert gets more juice like early in the spring.

Edited by Just Regular

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I'd hope in shorter bursts Albert gets more juice like early in the spring.

He's been up to 98 this season

If he comes out the pen in short bursts at 97-98 with the CH and Cutter he could be solid against both RH and LH. His Cutter gets knocked around as a starter, but if he's throwing it harder, for just an inning, it could be more effective.

4 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

It’s not a major issue, but I would really like to get Jonah Heim back. He’s having a very down year this year, but he’s a great framer, good thrower and has power. He’d be a huge upgrade over McCann and would allow for a genuine catching platoon.

O's have been dreadful lately, but with a couple days remaining before the deadline, lets enjoy the fact that, for the second straight year, we are buyers, and we have good reason to hope for a playoff appearance and maybe even a deep run if the stars align.

Hopefully the moves this year prove better than Flaherty/Fuji last year, but we won't know that for a while.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Malike said:

They are still only 4.5 back in the division, I wouldn't be shocked if they added, they have a lot of good arms coming back really soon.

No division winner has won less then 87 games in last 15 years maybe longer.  They are currently 51-55 so they would have to go 36-20 the remaining 56 games which is .643 baseball.  Maybe this year number is lower but at some point you have to ask yourself how many games can we actually win.  

12 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Just saw Devers hit a ball off the Green Monster and then bounce back over Jazz Chisholm's head for a triple.  Glad to see him making a difference already.

The broadcasts really are leaning into Chisholm's flight landing about 300 and him not getting to the ballpark until about 540.     Even Kevin Brown just went to the wall being tricky to play.    As @emmett16said, chasing those dopamine clicks.

15 minutes ago, ChicagoTerp said:

O's have been dreadful lately, but with a couple days remaining before the deadline, lets enjoy the fact that, for the second straight year, we are buyers, and we have good reason to hope for a playoff appearance and maybe even a deep run if the stars align.

Hopefully the moves this year prove better than Flaherty/Fuji last year, but we won't know that for a while.

In the next 72 hours, the Orioles and Yankees combine for 7 team games against what is left of the Blue Jays on one hand, and Austin Hays' Philadelphia Phillies throwing Wheeler, Nola and Sanchez on the other.

16 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

No division winner has won less then 87 games in last 15 years maybe longer.  They are currently 51-55 so they would have to go 36-20 the remaining 56 games which is .643 baseball.  Maybe this year number is lower but at some point you have to ask yourself how many games can we actually win.  

They are 6 out in the WC if you think they don't have enough to win the division. You rarely see a WS champion punt the following year when they have key players coming back for a stretch run. It also helps them that the teams in front of them aren't playing well. 

45 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Even more Meh than Jesse Winker, but a light Buy transaction from a gray area team:

Heim has been bad, they are making upgrades, even if not seemingly sexy.

7 minutes ago, Malike said:

They are 6 out in the WC if you think they don't have enough to win the division. You rarely see a WS champion punt the following year when they have key players coming back for a stretch run. It also helps them that the teams in front of them aren't playing well. 

They could make a run just time running out and you just got swept by last place team.  Either way they will have to play .600 baseball rest of way for a team that is playing .480 ball.   They have 3 games left before deadline actually because they play day game Wednesday. 2 or  3 more losses could kill them.