The 2024 Trade Deadline

I'm going to be so bummed when we don't get Rogers lol.

Not that it's a "make or break" kind of move for us or anything, I just like a good buy-low gamble, especially with a high enough floor to contribute regardless of whether they break out or not.

If rumors are true about the White Sox GM being "fed up"  with Crochet, then it might be a good opportunity to buy low.   I don't blame the guy for looking after himself with an innings limit.   If the White Sox weren't going to inform teams about it;  he was wise, and honest,  to speak up before some team traded the farm for him.   Or, perhaps Crochet just blind sided the White Sox with the whole thing.  Who knows? 

Crochet is signed for next season, right?  The Orioles still need to get to the post season this year.  They want to be completive next season too.  Might be a good fit if the price is right. 

1 minute ago, SouthRider said:

If rumors are true about the White Sox GM being "fed up"  with Crochet, then it might be a good opportunity to buy low.   I don't blame the guy for looking after himself with an innings limit.   If the White Sox weren't going to inform teams about it;  he was wise, and honest,  to speak up before some team traded the farm for him.   Or, perhaps Crochet just blind sided the White Sox with the whole thing.  Who knows? 

Crochet is signed for next season, right?  The Orioles still need to get to the post season this year.  They want to be completive next season too.  Might be a good fit if the price is right. 

He's under team control for next season.

But he says he won't pitch in the postseason this year unless the team that trades for him inks him to a long term extension that will be at a premium price.

I say this knowing that we'll almost undoubtedly get near a dozen moves in the last 2 hours, but it's odd to me that there hasn't been a single trade as of yet on deadline day and we're under 6 hours to go.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He's under team control for next season.

But he says he won't pitch in the postseason this year unless the team that trades for him inks him to a long term extension that will be at a premium price.

Premium price?  That is speculation correct?

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

What do you like?

image.png.455b534359b163e0c12da147637bd48f.png

I have been to his Baseball Savant page myself previously and it is pretty grim, but I also think our guys might be able to fix him. It seems like a fun and interesting buy-low trade for a guy who once looked like a TOR, but YMMV.  

Obviously, the return would have to be reasonable since he's a fixer-upper.

Just now, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I have been to his Baseball Savant page myself previously and it is pretty grim, but I also think our guys might be able to fix him. It seems like a fun and interesting buy-low trade for a guy who once looked like a TOR, but YMMV.  

Obviously, the return would have to be reasonable since he's a fixer-upper.

He ***IS*** left handed. 

There's that. As long as he's cheap, sure. He looks like Cole Irvin to me.

If the Marlins threw in Rogers with Scott it'd at least give us more flexibility with our rotation. I'd still expect Rogers to do better for us as the #5 than the Irvin/Povich/Suarez/McDermott jumble, and there's upside that he can get back to how he threw in previous years since he's under club control through 2026.

21 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I say just ignore any rumors about the O's. No one had anything on the trades for Flaherty, Fujinama, Burnes nor Hays. They don't have any insight to Elias

Which is why I think Tyler Anderson fits. There’s no smoke around him for us. Anderson + Pillar for Povich, Pache, Wagner, and Fabian?