Connor Norby 2024

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I really didn't want to lump Mateo in with Urias. One is a guy that can be DFA'ed right now and the other does have value. That was an error on my part . I do agree that Mateo has played above expectations, but I still don't believe in his bat as an everyday option. His defense at 2nd has been excellent.

The next level is:  If Urias eventually goes, does Norby get the HK treatment?  Tough spot...

1 minute ago, btdart20 said:

The next level is:  If Urias eventually goes, does Norby get the HK treatment?  Tough spot...

I think he will get that treatment barring some unseen occurrence like Norby hitting .350 with power. 

21 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

One sliver of hope for Norby sticking around longer is that Urias basically plays the same positions as Westburg, but isn't as good.  I've thought for a while that this redundancy is what'll ultimately make Urias the odd man out. If Norby hits while he's here, his ability to play the outfield at least a little bit does help him offer something Urias doesn't. 

My feeling is that Norby is competing with Stowers for the last spot.  I don’t see Urias going anywhere.  

12 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Norby better hit from day one or he wont play.  Orioles are horrible about breaking in rookies.  We treat them terrible in my opinion.

I am hoping he takes advantage of his opportunity. The kid can really hit. I hope he makes it tough to send him back down. Competition is a great thing. Keep pushing Mateo and Urias, and get the best out of them. 

The Orioles play the best player now since they are trying to win. Gone are the days of having placeholders at the major league level and bringing up a prospect to make them a priority play. That is unless they are the best option to help the team win. Lots of good teams break in rookies the same way. 

19 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I wouldn't rule out Norby plays well and then gets traded as part of a package to land a hard throwing reliever.

This Norby stint could also be part of the Urias endgame.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

My feeling is that Norby is competing with Stowers for the last spot.  I don’t see Urias going anywhere.  

We could see both when rosters expand. Gerronimo Berroa was a useful weapon for us in the Seattle series. 

Just now, Aristotelian said:

We could see both when rosters expand. Gerronimo Berroa was a useful weapon for us in the Seattle series. 

He was?  You have a good memory.  I have no recollection of that whatsoever.

11 minutes ago, Ridgway22 said:

I wonder, given the same Mateo IL scenario, if Mayo wouldn't have gotten hurt, would we be seeing Coby at 3B and Jordan at 2B?

That certainly makes sense.

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He was?  You have a good memory.  I have no recollection of that whatsoever.

Homered twice off Big Unit. Big time lefty masher. He is my answer to the "favorite Oriole role player" questions.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Norby better hit from day one or he wont play.  Orioles are horrible about breaking in rookies.  We treat them terrible in my opinion.

complete agree...see Stowers, Kyle...who HAS hit and cant get enough playing time...its ridiculous. 

32 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

That certainly makes sense.

Coby Mayo will be heading to Sarasota within the week...he will have a short rehab stint and then if all goes well will return to Norfolk by third week in June...he'll be back..and soon..hopefully the Orioles bring him up when hes ready...he could be a lethal bat...

• Upvote 3