Its always easier in hindsight, but letting Kyle Gibson go, could end up being a glaring error.

Signing Gibson would have made zero sense prior to the season.

He was signed back in November 2023. Corbin Burnes was acquired in early February. Kyle Bradish didn't get hurt until March 2024.

At the time, the rotation was: Burnes, Bradish, Grayson, Kremer, Wells with Irvin as depth and (eventually) Means.

Who would you have bumped from the rotation for Kyle Gibson who put up near a 5 ERA with the O's last year and a FIP over 4? Irvin had better/similar numbers and a better track record prior. Kremer similarly. 

That said, I'd have liked to see them sign somebody *better than* Gibson once the Bradish news came out. If for nothing else because I didn't/don't trust Wells/Means to stay healthy/be effective. His numbers aren't great so far this year, but Jordan Montgomery would have been an excellent signing

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, accinfo said:

And if the Orioles trade for him there will be a major meltdown here at the Hangout.

I won't meltdown, but he isn't an upgrade, I don't care what kind of year he's having. He had some nice games last year and ate innings which was his job description. They are on a different level as a team this year. They need someone who will contribute to them having a deeper run in the playoffs this year with winning the WS as the goal. Half measures won't get it done.

Most vets like Gibson are certainly available, but I really don't want him back.

18 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I won't meltdown, but he isn't an upgrade, I don't care what kind of year he's having. He had some nice games last year and ate innings which was his job description. They are on a different level as a team this year. They need someone who will contribute to them having a deeper run in the playoffs this year with winning the WS as the goal. Half measures won't get it done.

Most vets like Gibson are certainly available, but I really don't want him back.

Oh I agree.  I just think it is funny how the whole thread is even started that in hindsight we should have kept him.  All that said if they gave up a low level prospect to acquire him for depth it wouldn’t upset me.  

3 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Oh I agree.  I just think it is funny how the whole thread is even started that in hindsight we should have kept him.  All that said if they gave up a low level prospect to acquire him for depth it wouldn’t upset me.  

You thought it was "funny", or like me, so ridiculous it's funny?