Sunday, June 16th vs. Philadelphia

elextrano8

I’ve decided Mullins is like Kevin Pillar; a black hole on offense but he makes up for it on defense, and whatever he gives on offense is just a plus.

Every time Mullins runs in and makes a great diving catch, I remember Gary Thorne saying, wearily, “And Trumbo will back up and play it on a hop.”

Never want to hear that again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, justD said:

I mean, should we play the game and see what happens, or do you really predict the future with such accuracy that we really don’t need to watch?

I’ve brushed off a lot in these threads but this post really irritates the hell out of me.

I guess the feeling of doom every time they other other (really good major league team) does something well  just rubs me the wrong way.

I was watching the game yesterday but wasn't in the game thread because I was watching with friends.   But i took a look at the game thread this morning.   And all it took was falling behind a couple runs and there was all this talk about how we can't compete with good teams, we weren't in the same class with the Phillies, a sweep was coming, etc.   It was just pathetic.

Anyone who has been watching this team all year should be excited in a close game because we win the majority of them, we score a ton in the late innings, our starting pitchers bounce back from a negative inning way more often than not and finish strong.   We win games like this all the time, yet there is a segment of our fan base that thinks we are likely to lose nearly every game.

In the game thread, every negative thing that happens is a harbinger of doom, we expect the other shoe to drop.   We aren't good enough, we don't belong on the same field with good teams.   It's just sad.   And honestly, I don't understand how people that think that way can even enjoy a good season.   They spend their whole game fretting that we might lose and then sigh in relief when we win, which is over 65% of the time.   Then they go through the same thing all over again the next game.   What misery.   To me, misery was rooting for this team in the bad years.   THIS is a heck of a lot of fun.

And Burnes of all people on this team has been SO incredibly consistent.   He has the longest stretch of consecutive quality starts for the Orioles in over a decade.   They had that other stat about him having one of the longest streaks in (decades?) of giving up 3 or less and pitching at least 5 innings.   If there was anybody on this team that shouldn't cause panic, it's him giving up a couple hits in a row.  

OK, I will TRY not to comment on the sky is falling, woe is us, game thread overreactions from now on.  If we fall behind 2 runs early in the first Yankee game, no doubt someone will bring up the likelihood of us being swept, or how we simply aren't good enough to compete for them.  Or when we don't score in the first 3 innings someone will say we are going to get shut out even though we are the highest scoring team in MLB and have scored 3+ runs in 24 of 25 game.   I'll just try to bite my tongue.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Anybody still afraid of the big bad Phills?? 

Anybody still think that they are on another tier/level? 👀👀 

Meh… we ran into a couple…could been anyone.

We have just awakened a sleeping dragon and filled him with a yada yada.