How important is this Yankees series, really?

Frobby

2 hours ago, vab said:

It's really just not any more important than last night's game or any game this season. It would be one thing if this was 30 years ago and there was only one team going to the playoffs from the AL East but with the wild-cards it just takes away the traditional pennant race.

Being a WC is no fun, especially the 5th and 6th WC. It was much better when there was only one WC.

2 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

Being a WC is no fun, especially the 5th and 6th WC. It was much better when there was only one WC.

The third wild card is a joke. MLB only added it because the Yankees and Red Sox started being mediocre. 

I think we need to send a message after the Kjerstad hit in the head.  Not a fan of retaliating with HBP high in response, but wouldn't mind if we do a little Albert Belle on the basepaths tomorrow...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, yark14 said:

I think we need to send a message after the Kjerstad hit in the head.  Not a fan of retaliating with HBP high in response, but wouldn't mind if we do a little Albert Belle on the basepaths tomorrow...

Send a message for what?

Do you think there is any chance he was throwing at him?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Send a message for what?

Do you think there is any chance he was throwing at him?

I don't usually buy into the bean brawl stuff, but I absolutely believe he was throwing at him. I don't believe he meant to hit him in the head though. 

Man I’m in NYC and the Orioles beat reporters could really benefit from a lesson on how to ask real questions. They pressed Boone after the game so much that he got frustrated and said “you all can evaluate the video”.

didn’t hear any reporter ask  “how good does it feel…” 

Edited by casadeozo

9 minutes ago, yark14 said:

Albert Belle just didn’t give AF

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What would have been the motivation?

What was the motivation after hitting  Henderson and then the others during the last series? 

I believe that someone in the Yankees dugout really believes that they hit Judge on purpose.  

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

What was the motivation after hitting  Henderson and then the others during the last series? 

I believe that someone in the Yankees dugout really believes that they hit Judge on purpose.  

OK, and they hit Henderson.

Ledgers balanced.

The other hit batsman that series were just the Yankees pitchers hitting folks, they lead the league in it for a reason.

So why start things back up by hitting Kjerstad of all people?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Ledgers balanced.

The other hit batsman that series were just the Yankees pitchers hitting folks, they lead the league in it for a reason.

Dude… your pinstripes are showing. 

you are either with us or you are the enemy

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Ledgers balanced.

No idea. I don't think the batter really mattered. I'm not advocating for the Orioles pitchers  to keep it going.  I'd much rather see them beat them on the field. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was here from 2018-2021. 

I’ve been here a lot longer than that. 

you personify the softness that has infected this team over the years. 

We either beat them or….. we beat them… lol

Edited by 398 to Left