Thursday 6/20 vs. New York

86this

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I was wondering that as well, but it looks like all affiliates are playing Monday through Saturday this week with an off day on Sunday. 
    • Irvin needs a break.  He is a decent SP but I think he's also a little over exposed at this point.
    • Kind of agree. I think he might top out at Norby and Stowers from a position player standpoint. Lesser guys like Beavers, Horvath, Wagner, Cook, Willems would probably be on the table.  A whole host of AA and below pitchers could be on the table too.
    • Thx for the firsthand report. 
    • I suppose. But Volume in subsequent rounds might give a better success rate?
    • After decades of the Angelos' sucking the joy out of Orioles Baseball,  I'm thrilled to have an owner who truly loves this team.  As for making a "fool of himself", the only person who's doing that is Tyler Maher.  
    • I'm talking September 2022 and after.  Rutschman got a pass that year from May forward because there was a black hole at catcher and he was able to stop the bleeding after a month.  Gunner earned a long look for the next season after a hot September and was given enough rope in 2023 to turn things around after a very slow first two months. 2023 saw Stowers, Ortiz, Vavra, Cowser, and Kjerstad all start slow in their ML tryout so back to Siberia they went.  Not so with Westburg who produced from the beginning and I think that's meaningful.  You see the same pattern in 2024 with Holliday's demotion and the long leash given Cowser after a really hot April. In my opinion Elias is out to win ballgames and that's his primary motivation.  He tends to value vets because they've already proven they can produce at the ML level even if it's not necessarily at a star level.  All the fabulous Orioles prospects will get their audition and if they don't produce within a short period of time, then they won't get thrown away, but they also won't be allowed to treat the Orioles as their finishing school.  That's the pattern I see.  It's frustrating at times because I very much want to see the young guys play, but I really respect Elias for his discipline.  I don't see that approach changing for Basallo.
  • Popular Contributors