This team isn’t winning anything unless it trades Holliday, Bassallo or Mayo

DirtyBird

The title of this thread is pretty ridiculous.

We have no idea how people rate the rest of the system.  There was a prospect guy (not sure who it was) on MLb Network a few weeks ago that was saying the Os 15th prospect is a top 5 guy in several organizations.

What I would say is if the Os aren’t willing to deal any of their top 3 (hope so) and don’t want to trade Kjerstad, they will struggle to put together an offer to get a TOR guy, if one is even available. I think that’s fair to say.

14 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Dylan and Holiday were both trained by their dads since they were in the crib to play baseball.  It is really all they have ever done as their dads obsessively made them train and play baseball.   That is all they did.  Read about it. 

By the time Bundy hit age 20?  He was burned out mentally.  Had reached his peak as far as talent, and the injuries started to happen.

I see this in  JH.   I don't see elite athletic ability.  I see a kid who has trained physically his entire life to play baseball, hence why he was always ahead of kids his age.   But now?  He is peaked out.  Now that he is starting to hit is low 20s and the other more athletic kids are catching up.

He is never going to be who people said he was going to be.  He even says his younger bro, who is taller and bigger, is a better athlete and baseball player.   He is 6'4" and 195.  He dwarfs Jackson and is a way better overall athlete. 

You speak a lot about what you see/assess. 

I’m just curious do you have a background in pro-scouting or player development?

14 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Well that is my point.  Bundy never really played any other sports other than baseball.  Everything he did revolved around baseball.   Remember the stories about his dad would make him throw heavy balls super long distances to improve his velocity? 

Pepperidge Farms remembers. 

Tiger has had the same issues and so is Bryson D when it comes to golf.  A body can only take so much of one particular sport.    That is why it is imo better to play all kinds of different sports as a kid.  

Bundy's arm and his mental psyche, by the time he it age 20, was already in decline.  He was worn out.  By the time he got up to the majors he was still good, but on the decline.  And he just kept declining. 

I see and read the exact same stories about Jackson.  How he was 'trained' to be a baseball player.  The thing is he isn't really a great athlete.  He plays baseball well because that is what he was trained to do since he was a baby.  Not because of some elite athleticism.  He is what...5'11" and 180?  I am much bigger than that.   He is by no means a physical specimen like a 6'3" 220 pound Gunnar or even his 6'4" inch 200 pound brother.

You can believe it or not, and I know everyone wants to believe that JH is going to be a superstar, but seeing his physical attributes (which are average at best) and how he was so overmatched this spring?   All I see is a steady player.   A decent player.  Not a superstar.

Plus as I said he is already getting hurt.  And it's an 'elbow'.  That is a sign of wear and tear.  On a 20 year old lol.  And not even a pitcher.

Which is why you trade him now.

None of that seems to have hindered LeBron in ANY way. He has played more basketball than any human ever and has been stellar for over 2 decades. And he was a child prodigy.

47 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What I would say is if the Os aren’t willing to deal any of their top 3 (hope so) and don’t want to trade Kjerstad, they will struggle to put together an offer to get a TOR guy, if one is even available. I think that’s fair to say.

Pretty ridiculous, but also fair to say.

17 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Our aging, mid-level “prospects” who can’t even win playing time on our roster are not going to return enough to fill our glaring holes in the rotation and pen, this year and beyond.

You can’t go years ignoring pitchers in the draft with the philosophy of being able to trade for pitching that you have had the opportunity to better scout, and then not be able to make those trades.

Aren’t you mister positive 😂

AGAIN TO REPEAT MYSELF WITH RESPECT TO THIS THREAD AND TO GET OFF SKIN COLOR - READ AND REPEAT. THE MOUNTAIN - MEANS - WELLS - BRADISH - COULOMBE - KRAMER? - GROD OUT FOR A WHILE DUE TO SORENESS AND NO SURE THING TO LAST A WHOLE SEASON. IMO, WE ARE NOT TRADING OURSELVES OUT OF THIS MESS. WE WILL RIDE WITH THE PONYS WE HAVE AND WHAT ELIAS CAN PIECE TOGETHER. THE EXPERTS ON HERE CAN MOAN ABOUT PRIOR DRAFTS (WHICH IS LIKE PISSING INTO THE WIND) OR COMPLAIN ABOUT TOP RATED PROSPECTS NOT TRADED FOR IMAGINARY DEALS. MAN, I HOPE WE HAVE A GOOD WEEK BETWEEN THE LINES. 

3 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

AGAIN TO REPEAT MYSELF WITH RESPECT TO THIS THREAD AND TO GET OFF SKIN COLOR - READ AND REPEAT. THE MOUNTAIN - MEANS - WELLS - BRADISH - COULOMBE - KRAMER? - GROD OUT FOR A WHILE DUE TO SORENESS AND NO SURE THING TO LAST A WHOLE SEASON. IMO, WE ARE NOT TRADING OURSELVES OUT OF THIS MESS. WE WILL RIDE WITH THE PONYS WE HAVE AND WHAT ELIAS CAN PIECE TOGETHER. THE EXPERTS ON HERE CAN MOAN ABOUT PRIOR DRAFTS (WHICH IS LIKE PISSING INTO THE WIND) OR COMPLAIN ABOUT TOP RATED PROSPECTS NOT TRADED FOR IMAGINARY DEALS. MAN, I HOPE WE HAVE A GOOD WEEK BETWEEN THE LINES. 

I think your Caps Lock is on

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

None of that seems to have hindered LeBron in ANY way. He has played more basketball than any human ever and has been stellar for over 2 decades. And he was a child prodigy.

Is this more of an exception to the rule example? I mean Lebron is a generational athlete. Very few are built like that. 

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

Pretty ridiculous, but also fair to say.

I often disagree with Sports Guy, but I admire how you come full circle from disagreement to agreement. 

For the record I absolutely agree. It is fair to say that the title of this thread is pretty ridiculous. 😎