This team isn’t winning anything unless it trades Holliday, Bassallo or Mayo

DirtyBird

4 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I actually think the opposite. We don’t have any time for a knee jerk trade. Bring up Mayo and Norby to give some of the fielders a break. Send Maton down and IL Mateo.

I think Mayo should come up. I don’t think it really matters if Norby is on the team or not. I imagine most potential trade partners feel the same about him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

I think Mayo should come up. I don’t think it really matters if Norby is on the team or not. I imagine most potential trade partners feel the same about him.

I’m just planning on sitting everyone one day this week. It’s been a grind. Mayo is fresh with the month off.

48 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

He’s a rental, and Joey Ortiz is probably a better prospect than anybody in our organization after those 3 guys.

Yeah, sounds like you really thought Joey Ortiz was something.

“We are on pace to win 102 games and are in the middle of a battle for the AL East. I really don't care about seeing Joey Ortiz on the roster. He's a nice player to have in the organization, but I am perfectly fine waiting until next spring for him to become part of the team.“

A nice player to have in the organization.  Strong praise indeed.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah, sounds like you really thought Joey Ortiz was something.

“We are on pace to win 102 games and are in the middle of a battle for the AL East. I really don't care about seeing Joey Ortiz on the roster. He's a nice player to have in the organization, but I am perfectly fine waiting until next spring for him to become part of the team.“

A nice player to have in the organization.  Strong praise indeed.

Oh wow. You got me. I really bashed him there.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Oh wow. You got me. I really bashed him there.

Ha, you call him some great prospect now after the fact.  After he’s doing well in Milwaukee.   The title of this thread is just so stupid.  Congratulations.

You’re probably the last person who should say what we need to do.  I bet your grandfather picked Italy in WW II.  It’s probably not your fault.  You’re a mush.

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Ha, you call him some great prospect now after the fact.  After he’s doing well in Milwaukee.   The title of this thread is just so stupid.  Congratulations.

Saying he’s “probably better” than Kjerstad, Norby and Stowers is saying he is “some great prospect”?

Nice try.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Saying he’s “probably better” than Kjerstad, Norby and Stowers is saying he is “some great prospect”?

Nice try.

He was NEVER rated ahead of Kjerstad.   You’re just saying he’s better now.   Kjerstad has more value now than Ortiz had this past off season.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He was NEVER rated ahead of Kjerstad.   You’re just saying he’s better now.   Kjerstad has more value now than Ortiz had this past off season.

Great. I guess we should count on getting a legit pitcher for this year and beyond for him then. Looking forward to seeing who it is.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Great. I guess we should count on getting a legit pitcher for this year and beyond for him then. Looking forward to seeing who it is.

Were you stomping your hands and feet on the ground after today’s loss.   Poor kid.   

52 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Our #3 starter couldn’t get 5 innings with 11 runs of support in the game that got everyone all giddy.

Nah.  He’s our #2 starter and our #1 starter didn’t even qualify for a quality start.  And the offense was totally shutdown the last two days.  Tear it apart!   Rebuild!!

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You mean the teams that are right in the thick of the WC race?   Keep looking.

Yeah, the teams with #21 and #28 team OPS and have no chance to win with that. If a potential franchise changing player is on the table, they would be crazy not to listen.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Nah.  He’s our #2 starter and our #1 starter didn’t even qualify for a quality start.  And the offense was totally shutdown the last two days.  Tear it apart!   Rebuild!!

Cole Irvin is our #2 starter?

Things are even worse than I thought.