Things are going to get a lot tougher next week...

Roy Firestone

3 hours ago, LGOrioles said:

Cleveland is not that good. They’re 25th in xwOBA, 11th in wOBA, and 3rd in runs per game. Pitching wise, they’re 9th in xwOBA and wOBA, but 5th in ERA. They’ve been extremely clutch and obviously have a good record, but I’m not sure how sustainable that is. Texas is below average both offensively and pitching wise. The O’s should win both series. 

The problem is the pitching. O's offense will need to outscore them in most games.

I didn’t understand the crazy schedule, but flying from NY to Houston for a game at 7 PM, less than 24 hours later, AND losing an hour in the time zone, who can blame them for being tired and playing like it? Hyde’s lineups were what they were, but guys got no rest. 
im equally amazed they have to go right back home, but at least they can sleep in their own beds tonight. Hope tomorrows lineup is wise.

37 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

The pitching staff took the whole weekend off so they should be good to go. 

The O's have so few pitching prospects, I can't think of a single starter or reliever in Norfolk who could help.  Not sure about Bowie.  I guess that's what happens when you don't draft pitching.

10 hours ago, Philip said:

I didn’t understand the crazy schedule, but flying from NY to Houston for a game at 7 PM, less than 24 hours later, AND losing an hour in the time zone, who can blame them for being tired and playing like it? Hyde’s lineups were what they were, but guys got no rest. 
im equally amazed they have to go right back home, but at least they can sleep in their own beds tonight. Hope tomorrows lineup is wise.

The travel schedule will get even crazier. They will have to fly cross country to Seattle directly after Sunday's game, which was moved from 1:30pm to 7:10pm for Sunday night baseball. Even though they have Monday off, having Sunday's game being moved to nighttime will definitely be a major inconvenience.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Philip said:

Technically they GAINED an hour flying to central time. But yes, it was utterly ridiculous to play a 3pm ET time getaway game in NY.

Maybe I am still reeling because I attended a couple of the games at MMP.. but as I told my Astros fan buddy afterwards, I would be happy to never see the inside of that box from h*** stadium and their obnoxious entitled fans again. What a miserable experience. I should have known there was some bad juju in the air Fri night when there really weren't very many O's fans there like there has been at other away games this year. Maybe they knew something I didn't.

Anyway, I will try and not be all Roy Firestone and hope we go 5-2 on this homestand. Grod and Burnes have to be better next turn and this offense has shown it can bounce back. Unfortunately both opponents have been playing well. Keep that reverse jinx going!

6 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Technically they GAINED an hour flying to central time. But yes, it was utterly ridiculous to play a 3pm ET time getaway game in NY.

Maybe I am still reeling because I attended a couple of the games at MMP.. but as I told my Astros fan buddy afterwards, I would be happy to never see the inside of that box from h*** stadium and their obnoxious entitled fans again. What a miserable experience. I should have known there was some bad juju in the air Fri night when there really weren't very many O's fans there like there has been at other away games this year. Maybe they knew something I didn't.

Anyway, I will try and not be all Roy Firestone and hope we go 5-2 on this homestand. Grod and Burnes have to be better next turn and this offense has shown it can bounce back. Unfortunately both opponents have been playing well. Keep that reverse jinx going!

It went from 7 to 6 pm….so yeah, I guess you’re correct. But that just means they lost an hour going back to Baltimore, haha.

even with a sweep by Houston, the Os are still tied in the loss column with NY, and the Yankees, despite their excellent pitching, have a mediocre lineup, so if Povich can be acceptable, we have a chance…..but we really need to get more.

Fun times ahead!

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Let down series.  The Yankees had one too.  

I don't think any of CLE-BAL-NYY are ending the year with a .650 winning percentage (105-57), and we'll get to see how we look on the same field with Cleveland tonight.

We've looked okay on the same field with NYY so far this season.

As much as OMAR would love the players to be stat producing robots, some of what's great about baseball is the ebb and flow of a season.

5-man rotation from today does place Grayson-Burnes on the final two OPACY NYY games before the All-Star break, when everyone can exhale, and Mike Elias can "aw, shucks" ask Bruce Bochy not to use his guys.