Would the Orioles consider Trevor Bauer ?

Roy Firestone

I think the O's need pitching.  He could be signed on a one-year contract.  He has publicly agreed to take a league minimum contract.   With the way our pitching has been getting injured, I think the benefits he brings to the team outweigh the negatives.  

P.S.  I think it has been about 20 years since my last post.   But I have been an avid daily reader, love this site. 

Thanks Tony!

GO O's!

• Like 2

There’s a huge difference between being “not guilty” and “innocent”. Only 13 out of 1000 rape cases even get referred to a prosecutor. 

These are terrible crimes that are extremely hard to legally prosecute.

So the fact that multiple women accused him. That same woman had hooked up with multiple famous men. She only accused Bauer. Clevenger and Bauer were into beating and raping women. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

If the O's investigate Bauer and find nothing criminal in his background and believe he will not be a negative influence in the clubhouse, then no problem signing him to a one year deal for the league minimum.  Bauer is hungry, he has shown in the past he can pitch well and the O's need help in the rotation.   Every time a proposal is made for a starting pitcher, quite a few people balk at including a top prospect.  Giving Bauer an audition for a month allows the O's to possibly add a huge upgrade to the rotation at zero cost in prospects.   A month from now, if Bauer is not the answer, the O's can then trade an elite prospect to upgrade the rotation.  Having the three spots in the rotation filled by Kraemer, Povich, Irvin and Suarez isn't going to be good enough the rest of the season.

At least in the last sexual assault allegation against Bauer, the accuser was eventually found to have made it up.  

10 minutes ago, Chromehill said:

If the O's investigate Bauer and find nothing criminal in his background and believe he will not be a negative influence in the clubhouse, then no problem signing him to a one year deal for the league minimum.  Bauer is hungry, he has shown in the past he can pitch well and the O's need help in the rotation.   Every time a proposal is made for a starting pitcher, quite a few people balk at including a top prospect.  Giving Bauer an audition for a month allows the O's to possibly add a huge upgrade to the rotation at zero cost in prospects.   A month from now, if Bauer is not the answer, the O's can then trade an elite prospect to upgrade the rotation.  Having the three spots in the rotation filled by Kraemer, Povich, Irvin and Suarez isn't going to be good enough the rest of the season.

At least in the last sexual assault allegation against Bauer, the accuser was eventually found to have made it up.  

Consent and when consent begins/end is the hardest thing to prove. Why do you think teams won’t touch him?  They know. And they know that Lindsay Hill wasn’t the only woman. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Consent and when consent begins/end is the hardest thing to prove. Why do you think teams won’t touch him?  They know. And they know that Lindsay Hill wasn’t the only woman. 

Consent ends when the ability to give consent ends.  For instance if someone is choked unconscious.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

We live in a ME TOO WOKE society.  A women just has to say a man breathed on her wrong and he is canceled. 

No one’s ever accused me of choking and bludgeoning them unconscious before. At the very best he makes extremely poor decisions about whom to associate with. That’s at the very best. 

No. Better yet ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! 

We do we need to take on anything associated with him or take on that kind of pr hit and risk?

I hope he gets a shot at redemption … somewhere else.

Why can’t we just acquire/trade for a current MLB pitcher who is already good and doesn’t come with baggage? Is that too much to ask?

4 hours ago, OK_Copper said:

I think the O's need pitching.  He could be signed on a one-year contract.  He has publicly agreed to take a league minimum contract.   With the way our pitching has been getting injured, I think the benefits he brings to the team outweigh the negatives.  

P.S.  I think it has been about 20 years since my last post.   But I have been an avid daily reader, love this site. 

Thanks Tony!

GO O's!

You've reached the Cal Ripken # of posts!  Congrats!

• Upvote 1

As much as I am desperate to see the O’s win, there are some things that I consider non-negotiable for me personally and as a fan.

I could and would never support the O’s if they did something like what is being suggested.

I’m not willing to forsake character and a moral compass just to see my team win a championship… no thanks. Hard pass for me!

But I know/accept that’s just me… to each their own.

• Upvote 2