Bring up Mayo already!!

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

We should not trade a key bat. (Mayo) for a pitcher, because we need hitting as much as pitching!!

The O's have scored the second most runs in baseball without Mayo (in two fewer games).

How exactly do they need hitting?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

The O's have scored the second most runs in baseball without Mayo (in two fewer games).

How exactly do they need hitting?

Because they are losing games due to, I don't know, not outscoring the opponents?  Like the last 2 nights?  But I guess since we are doing so good in overall scoring runs, we shouldn't try to improve or get better, huh?  Granted, we need more pitching help than we need hitting help, BUT we already have the hitting help in AAA, and just need to promote it.  The pitching help will have to come via trades, and that may take time.  But we can improve now with what we already have in the organization.  It kills me how so many point to our record or the team stats and act like we shouldn't try to get better just because we are doing good.  If we CAN improve then we SHOULD improve.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

Can O Corn, you haven't noticed we have struggled scoring RISP? What we did earlier this year ain't helping us now? 

It's not a repeatable skill.

They didn't suddenly forget how to hit with RISP, this will come back around.