3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Rutschman, Kjerstad, Cowser = big guys

Holliday and Bradfield = not big guys

I was going farther than that, Beavers, Westburg, Gunnar, Wagner.  Basically until the second round they like larger players. I also think Holliday will be 6’0 200 lbs when all said and done which is big for a SS/2B.

8 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I was going farther than that, Beavers, Westburg, Gunnar, Wagner.  Basically until the second round they like larger players. I also think Holliday will be 6’0 200 lbs when all said and done which is big for a SS/2B.

Is Holliday actually 6’?  I saw him play a few times last year in Bowie and he looked about 5’10.  

1 hour ago, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

Is Holliday actually 6’?  I saw him play a few times last year in Bowie and he looked about 5’10.  

Not sure but most reasonable people would not call him a big guy.  Bradfield not a big guy.  Norby not a big guy.  It just so happens that 80% of top draft prospects are probably big guys.    

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Not sure but most reasonable people would not call him a big guy.  Bradfield not a big guy.  Norby not a big guy.  It just so happens that 80% of top draft prospects are probably big guys.    

Agree.  It’s almost universal amongst all sports that size is valued when evaluating amateurs for projection.  

On 6/30/2024 at 1:27 PM, cnmilton said:

I really like Brody Brecht.  If he is there when the O's pick, I really hope he is the choice. He adds an element to the Os system that is currently lacking, imo. 

If the Os can help him with his command and control, he could be a special pitcher. Very high risk, very high reward

Brecht has TOR upside.  We’re good at finding #3-#5 types just in developing them, but we need that TOR arm upside and develop. 

• Upvote 1