Magic Number

vab

1 hour ago, Filmstudy said:

The next win for the Orioles vs the Yankees (if/when) will drop the magic number by 3.

I’m hoping that by then (Games 157-159) the magic number already will be at zero.  😎

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I know I’m very negative and critical of this team and my outlook has changed a tiny bit with Efflin. However, I’m telling you guys, I’d say there is atleast a 50% chance we miss the playoffs.   
    • He looks stronger. I wonder if the Orioles told him screw your numbers but you need to get physically stronger. That could have been the reason he wasn’t playing the field and numbers were struggling a bit. It’s hard to play the regular season and work on strength training. It’s more of a maintain game at that point.
    • The Rangers were obviously the example to the point I made about getting in and getting hot at the right time. They looked unquestionably pretty bad over a long stretch of time, but then got white hot when it mattered the most.  We obviously can't forget this point, but it's painful to watch a team wallow over a long stretch of time for the first time since 2021 (without looking up 2022). 
    • We have to hope that Holliday is one of those "pure hitters" that will take pitches and work counts and have good at bats because both Adley, Gunnar (to a lesser extent) and Cowser have given up that approach for the thirst for power. Mountcastle has always been an undisciplined streak hitter and that's not going to change. It's clear to me that the Orioles hitting philosophy has changed at the major league level at the very least. They've gone back to the Duquette era low OBP, power guy approach even with hitters who should have been taught better about swing decisions. I think we've also seen the issue with having data driven coaching vs experience level coaching in the minor leagues and at the major league level. The poor fundamentals and approaches are product of what players are being told. I have zero issues with adding the analytics and technology into players developments, but having guys that have been there and done that are also important.     
    • Too early to tell. One thing I do notice is Hyde seems to prefer veterans. 
    • When it rains it pours. I’ll always remember the 2018 Washington Capitals as about the 8th best regular season team of the Ovechkin era. Arizona and Texas both were 90 win teams last year. There will be growing pains with this team but hopefully will pay off in the end.
    • The Yanks have been bad the last month also....that is a positive (since this is a positive thread, I won't mention the prospects we gave up vs. what we got back....it is possible that the GM actually made this team WORSE, not better)
  • Popular Contributors