Basallo makes futures game..but not Mayo?

Sports Guy

11 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

I’ve got next Tuesday pencilled in for his debut, so I passed on the futures game. I just need to move Urias for a reliever first. Oh wait, I’m still not GM! 😁  But seriously, what kind of RP do you think we can get for Urias? Something’s gotta give to make room for Mayo. 

I’m not sure Urias gets us anything that helps us right now.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Maybe pair him with a lower level prospect for someone like Calvin Faucher? Agree that on his own he’s not going to draw much, but he’s a pretty good utility piece on a rebuilding team. 

Edited by UMDTerrapins

13 hours ago, UMDTerrapins said:

I’ve got next Tuesday pencilled in for his debut, so I passed on the futures game. I just need to move Urias for a reliever first. Oh wait, I’m still not GM! 😁  But seriously, what kind of RP do you think we can get for Urias? Something’s gotta give to make room for Mayo. 

Probably a low leverage reliever.  Maybe one with options the O's can send to the minors.  No chance the O's can get a high K closer for him.

19 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

He doesn’t have to. Right now his playoff role is 2nd best defensive 3B behind Westburg. He’d only get into a playoff game if we pinch hit for Mateo and shifted Westburg to 2nd. Which honestly, could happen a lot in the playoffs, but I think Mounty being out gives us an excuse to take a look at Mayo. 

To the OP, I bet teams submit a list of players that would/wouldn’t want to play in the game if selected. 

I just saw an interview with Basallo, where he thanked the Orioles organization for "allowing" him to participate in the Futures game. It sounds like the org does have final say, so perhaps there was a reason the Orioles said no on Mayo going.(hopefully, imminent call up)