George Kirby, the guy pitching against us tonight...could make an interesting option for the the Orioles..

Roy Firestone

5 minutes ago, Camden Yards said:

Well if they say no to that trade offer they are fools! They cannot go far in the playoffs the way they are built! Adding an All Star 40 HR Santander and a 5 WAR player in Westburg would do wonders for their lineup. No way the Orioles give up that much! 

When did Santander hit 40 homers?   I missed it.

Westburg is worth 2.7 Fwar.  Kirby 2.5 WAR.   What does an even swap do for them?

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Westburg is worth 2.7 Fwar.  Kirby 2.5 WAR.   What does an even swap do for them?

If they had another pitcher who could step in and provide, say, 2 WAR then it would be a nice upgrade. But even so it would make more sense for them to trade prospects. Then they would net 5.2 WAR instead of 4.7. 

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If Seattle trades a pitcher at the deadline, my money is on Woo.  He’s still the guy I would want the most although the injuries are a bit concerning.  That said, I would deal Mounty(or Santander) for him in a heartbeat.

Woo is a pitcher I’m interested in too, but him just going on the IL again is concerning. If the Mariners are going to trade a pitcher with MLB experience Woo is a good bet. The Orioles can afford to give up an established bat if it returns a reliable starter and Woo d as shouldn’t cost a top prospect. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Woo is a pitcher I’m interested in too, but him just going on the IL again is concerning. If the Mariners are going to trade a pitcher with MLB experience Woo is a good bet. The Orioles can afford to give up an established bat if it returns a reliable starter and Woo d as shouldn’t cost a top prospect. 

You’re dramatically undervaluing Woo’s value. 

ya maybe they would want offensive help this year, but they would certainly want a good prospect in addition to an expiring contract.

21 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

not necessarily addition by subtraction for both teams as we have more bats they have more Pitching. that said I'm not trading Westy and Seattle is no trading Kirby.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Woo had good value but the value is diminished some by the injuries. Right now, it’s just a hammy but he had arm issues earlier.  

That said, the Os could acquire him and just let him take his time. He could start or just be a weapon out of the pen for the rest of the season. 

He’s a risk, as all pitchers are but Seattle is winning without him and have pitching depth and they need hitting. We match up well with them. Santander or Mounty makes sense for them. Mounty obviously brings the long term value but Santander is probably the guy that helps them more this year.

I doubt the Os would trade either but it’s a deal they should do imo. My preference would be Mountcastle.

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

He's young....just 26...He has a decent ERA (3.35) walks very few.....The Mariners need offense and we have a lot of that...Kirby is also very affordable...makes less than 800k...Thoughts?

If you had Kirby, would you trade him for anything we have? No. It would be like trading Gunnar.

I love hypotheticals, but not impossible ones.

Seattle’s highest rated pitching prospect is number 12, they have a bunch of long shots from 17 to 20. they are not going to give up any pitching.

Good heavens, they picked up Mike Baumann. And still have him, too!

No, they are not going to be trading any pitching, despite what the pundits suggest.

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

If you had Kirby, would you trade him for anything we have? No. It would be like trading Gunnar.

I love hypotheticals, but not impossible ones.

Seattle’s highest rated pitching prospect is number 12, they have a bunch of long shots from 17 to 20. they are not going to give up any pitching.

Good heavens, they picked up Mike Baumann. And still have him, too!

No, they are not going to be trading any pitching, despite what the pundits suggest.

If that’s the case, how would Seattle acquire the offense bats they need ?

I was really hoping the Mariners struggled some this year and missed the playoffs then they might change course and realize just having starters won’t win you anything if you have weak offense and make them more likely to trade one of there starters .  An off season trade of Mountcastle and Kremer for Woo Gilbert or Miller could help both teams.   We get a decent upgrade from 4th starter to a 2 or 3 while they get nice back end guy and a solid offensive player in Mountcastle to hit middle of the order.