7/3 vs Mariners

allquixotic

Just now, accinfo said:

I will say it out loud.  Burnes, Grod, Kremer, Povich, and Suarez can be a decent rotation the rest of the way.  Get me two more bullpen arms and this team can compete in the post season with anyone.  

I'm not really convinced by Povich and Suarez. Povich is too new and Suarez is too much of a veteran - both of them have the potential to be flukes and fall apart. The top 3 are more known quantities and more likely to be good if they stay healthy.

Then again, SP health has been a major issue this year, so I'd still go get a starter. Who's to say Povich doesn't have a great season but needs Tommy John before the end of the season? We can never have too many SP.

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

I will say it out loud.  Burnes, Grod, Kremer, Povich, and Suarez can be a decent rotation the rest of the way.  Get me two more bullpen arms and this team can compete in the post season with anyone.  

Povich and Suarez have a high chance of hitting a wall at some point, and there is always the risk of injury to anyone at any time. I think we need a starter no matter how the current group is doing. 

• Upvote 1

Where would this bullpen be without Jacob Webb? I just hope he has enough in him to continue to be effective through November.

We are definitely going to need reinforcements by the trade deadline because I dread to think what would happen if the bullpen suffered another injury. We need a guy like Jacob Webb to be healthy.