7/4 vs Seattle Mariners

Brian88

Just now, O-The-Memories said:

Look at the top salaries for pitchers this year, and then look at their results. It's ugly beyond what you can imagine. I know that I want this version of Burnes for 4/160 million, but there's strong odds he would either miss serious time or lose effectiveness. It's a really hard call. 

4/160 doesn't get you to the table to even have a conversation about signing him.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

4/160 doesn't get you to the table to even have a conversation about signing him.

You think it takes 50 million a year? At that price point, I just don't see us taking the risk. I could be very wrong, but I don't think ownership is going to hand out a lot of free agent money. We have a lot of guys that are going to need new contracts, and bats have less risk than pitching. 

Just now, O-The-Memories said:

You think it takes 50 million a year? At that price point, I just don't see us taking the risk. I could be very wrong, but I don't think ownership is going to hand out a lot of free agent money. We have a lot of guys that are going to need new contracts, and bats have less risk than pitching. 

No, I don't. It certainly takes more years, though. 7, likely.

1 minute ago, O-The-Memories said:

More years.