7/4 vs Seattle Mariners

Brian88

1 minute ago, Philip said:

All of a sudden this thread sounds like pinstripe alley. Surely we’re not going to descend to that level are we?
And yes, I’m going to continue calling you surely.

Hyde is bad His pitching usage is bad, he doesn’t know what he’s doing, he only has the job because Billy Martin isn’t available.

And yet somehow, we have the best team in baseball.

I wanted to sweep too, but as they say in China, 是我剛接好

at least I think that’s what they say in China…

It’s on Elias, too. But Akin is a guy you put in when you’re up by 4 or down by 4. You don’t put him in any leverage situations especially not with runners on. There is simply nothing that shows he’s effective in these situations and the splits aren’t even there. He’s actually worse against lefties. Just leave Baker in if you’re going to bring in Akin.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

For all of these sabremetrics that say how good we hit and score, sure doesn’t feel that way sometimes. 4th game in a row with 4 or less runs. 

It is an all-or-nothing offense based on the long ball. Very frustrating up-and-down offense (with lots of ups, but still lots of frustrating downs).

Just now, Yossarian said:

And even with that, every pitcher is tearing a UCL.

My theory is that pitchers have stopped doing the right things, the right preparation, to go after velocity ($$$). It was just a culture change, and you can't put the genie back in the bottle.

2 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

For all of these sabremetrics that say how good we hit and score, sure doesn’t feel that way sometimes. 4th game in a row with 4 or less runs. 

This is the 3rd a game in row we scored 4 or less.  The 1st game we scored 11 against TEX.  

And for your point, SEA can really pitch.  Relax, the sky is not falling.  Baseball is hard and every team goes through stretches like this.