Brent Rooker DH
Tyler Soderstrom 1B
Shea Langeliers C
Zack Gelof 2B
Lawrence Butler RF
Brett Harris 3B
Max Schuemann SS

Mitch Spence RHP

I've been avoiding the OP on game day when they went on a 5-game losing streak.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Would anyone send Cowser back down and let Kjerstad play pretty much every day? It doesn't really help the team to carry both of them.

Not unless Cowser stops playing good defense.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Would anyone send Cowser back down and let Kjerstad play pretty much every day? It doesn't really help the team to carry both of them.

I don’t think that is not a possibility.  He could go down to play everyday and get his swing back.  Mullins would play everyday then because I don’t think they will put Hays in Centerfield.

Just now, dystopia said:

Not unless Cowser stops playing good defense.

When does Cowser play? Vs RHP you have Kjerstad and Santander. Vs LHP you have Hays and Santander. Mullins should play CF most days as long as he hits. Cowser can't even platoon with Mullins because they are both LH. 

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

I don’t think that is not a possibility.  He could go down to play everyday and get his swing back.  Mullins would play everyday then because I don’t think they will put Hays in Centerfield.

That's what I'm thinking. Hyde said in Roch's column on lineups that he wants Mullins' defense in center. There isn't even a platoon reason to play Cowser. Kjerstad is hitting the ball hard every time up. I don't see where Cowser fits right now and Kjerstad deserves an extended run like Cowser got. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That's what I'm thinking. Hyde said in Roch's column on lineups that he wants Mullins' defense in center. There isn't even a platoon reason to play Cowser. Kjerstad is hitting the ball hard every time up. I don't see where Cowser fits right now and Kjerstad deserves an extended run like Cowser got. 

Kjerstad is hitting better than Kjerstad right now and it may turn out that he is a better hitter. But that doesn't mean that Cowser doesn't still have use. I don't think it would be good for him, team morale, or even the fanbase (given how popular Cowser appears to be) to send him back to AAA. 

IMO he is fine where he is even if that means he's not an everyday player (now or in the future).