Oakland 7/7

Frobby

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

How is that not a strike?

They want us to lose so the Yankees are happy on SNB and they can say they are in first place even though we would still hold a lead.

2 minutes ago, justD said:

Not sure what you all are seeing, but scoring a bunch and then going to sleep offensively is pretty much how this team has played all season. Maybe it’s just more apparent recently because we feel our bullpen is more vulnerable so it means more?

Bemoaning the team’s play when we’re in the lead and have a strong starter on the mound is what has gotten posters shredded in the game threads this season, but that’s a common theme in today’s game with consensus approval of such sentiment?

Call me confused. 

Especially confusing when the complaints began early in the game after we’d already scored 5. 

Just now, justD said:

Especially confusing when the complaints began early in the game after we’d already scored 5. 

For sure. I mean, I don't like some of the stuff we've done, but what has it cost us in this game?

Cano and Webb both do their jobs very well.   Gunnar and the ump prevented them from being perfect.

Now let's get an insurance run or two to make Kimbrel's job a bit easier!

5 minutes ago, justD said:

Not sure what you all are seeing, but scoring a bunch and then going to sleep offensively is pretty much how this team has played all season. Maybe it’s just more apparent recently because we feel our bullpen is more vulnerable so it means more?

Bemoaning the team’s play when we’re in the lead and have a strong starter on the mound is what has gotten posters shredded in the game threads this season, but that’s a common theme in today’s game with consensus approval of such sentiment?

Call me confused. 

It would be nice to see a few 1-run innings in a game after a big inning.